Terry Newton

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Terry Newton RIP

Post by cpwigan »

I think it is a salutary reminder that yes for all their talent throwing a ball around etc, players are just human beings with the same pressures and frailities that we all face. Nobody is perfect and there for the Grace of God go I. N.B Old Hooker et al

Perhaps his playing style mirrored his off field state and offered a brief respite from the pressures of everyday life. Who knows.

What I do know is Terry left this world far too quickly and that a wife and two young children are left without a husband/father. My thoughts are with them and all Terry's family / close friends.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I met Terry socially on a few occasions. Typical rugby lad really. Kind of guy who's company you would enjoy and nothing like the hardman he portrayed on the pitch, although I would never have attempted to test that theory.
When him and Keith took over the Ben Jonson, I always intended to call in and have a pint with him. I never did and now,sadly, I never will!
This story is all the more poignant when you remember that Tez was the son in law of 'young' Keith, who's own dad, ex Wigan & GB centre, died in similar circumstance not that many years ago!
arthurb's first

Post by arthurb's first »

dreadfull news, terry was a 100% warrior RIP Terry.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Thought when reading the headline poster this as got to be some sick joke or something like that. I am so sad and sorry for his loss as a person and a loved one to his family. A friend of mine who had little or no interest in rugby came along with me to see what my lust for rugby was all about. And I well remember her comments on seeing Terry. She said god I'd give anything to go a round or three with him. I of course did not see Terry in quite the same way. Rather as a damned good rugby player sometimes a little bit hot headed but a player that gave his all. What a sad sad loss. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. And I sincerely hope he's found peace.
dovedale

Re: Terry Newton

Post by dovedale »

its all over sky sports news rip terry newton
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

What a waste.

He must have been a very ill man and been ill for some time to take such a drastic course of action. The pain he must have been going through to think this was his only solution must have been unbearable.

Absolute tragedy.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Couple of hours now since I heard the news and still feel sick to the stomach to know it is true. That poor guy must have been going through hell and love him or hate him he didn't deserve this. I am one who loved him and it is sad that he will never know how much people did like him. His family and friends must be in a state of shock judging by the way it has affected those of us who didn't know him other than as a gifted player. Goodnight God bless No 9
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You never can tell. Terry was out last night with friends and at 1 AM when I presume he said goodnight those friends said he was fine, not even a hint.
Carmont is King

Post by Carmont is King »

Can't believe this terrible news,condolences to all Terrys family especially Stacey and the two little ones.
The Ben Jonson became my local when Terry and Keith took it over,was waiting to see him in there to congratulate him on the interview with Brian Carney,sadly now I won't get the chance.

RIP Terry
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Its a permanent solution to a temporary problem. The biggest tragedy is that all the people who knew and loved him will live their lives wondering if anything they could have said or done different could have prevented what happened.

Sadly, they will never know!