Edwards for Wigan ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Edwards for Wigan ??

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:
cpwigan wrote:No and his RL knowledge is incredible. Unfortunately, there are ? marks regarding his man management IMO. Murphyesque ranting belies his RL intelligence and IMO you can only rant and rave a few times before it becomes negative and almost Murphy like embarassing.
CP. Shaun captained England Schoolboys at both League and Union. Hardly no experience!
:) Trust me KW. I know he did but he literally just did it and played like he was playing League. The only reason he became a dual international was because Union went on a big tour and he did not have to attend school.

IIRC, I was told he hardly attended Fisher in Y11 apart from playing rugby.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

[quote="Dobby"]I would not like to see Edwards take the job. He has been out of Rugby League for a long time and the game has moved on an awful lot since he left.

Correct me if Iam wrong but hasnt Edwards spent time with Wayne Bennett over the last couple of years, am sure I read that somewhere. The games not that much different you stop them scoring and you score more points than them, you win simples!
Edwards is no mug, he wont come unless he knows he can do the job and improve what has been started.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

True slimshady..but it will cost an arm and a leg financially, and i get the impression he spits the dummy if he can't get his own way. :doz: :doz:
I could be wrong of course but, he had a fall-out with the then coach Eric Hughes because he wasn't allowed to move down to London and still play for Wigan' which was silly..I'm sure some of the others on the forum will confirm that
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I remember him wanting to be London based when James was born. Didn't realise there'd been a fall out. Just thought his move to the Broncos was the best solution for all concerned!
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

No Kitwazzer, according to the Wigan Post at the time, he wanted to be based in London and still come up here to train and play for Wigan which wouldn't have been easy. He was quite critical of Eric Hughes for saying that he didn't see how that would work. I think Jack Robinson backed Hughes and from then on Edward's days were numbered.....Not good!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Winky. I just had a vision of you living in a rundown country mansion where every room is stacked floor to ceiling with back copies of the Wigan Evening Post! :lol:
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Oy! cheeky!, It's just that sometimes annoying things have a habit of sticking in my mind :eusa18: :eusa18:
Tee Hee
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

P.S. can't remember my phone number most of the time
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

the winky one wrote:True slimshady..but it will cost an arm and a leg financially, and i get the impression he spits the dummy if he can't get his own way. :doz: :doz:
I could be wrong of course but, he had a fall-out with the then coach Eric Hughes because he wasn't allowed to move down to London and still play for Wigan' which was silly..I'm sure some of the others on the forum will confirm that
as i recall, Edwards wanted to miss one day of training a week (for travelling purposes) so he could move to London to be with his family (wasn't he with that bint from the M People), Eric knob head Hughes came the big man and Edwards was on his bike
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

But Medlocke how could he continue to live in London and travel up to Wigan and back for goodness knows how many times a week? I just couldn't see how that would have worked