South Stand Incident Monday Night

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adiddy

Re: Another Idiot in the South Stand

Post by adiddy »

Had a party of 5 newbies sat on the row infront of me....was really enjoying the game, until the incident discussed happened, then all of a sudden there seemed to be a load of items thrown from behind us, one of the girls in the party in front of me was hit by some yellow sun glasses....alright it didnt hurt her, but they werent impressed.....in my opinion thats 5 people who wont come to another game!!! The term family sport is slowly going out of the window!!! Which is a shame because the lads at the back of the south stand have created a great ethos with their flags, chants, etc please dont spoil your hard work.....you know who they are...control the prats!!!

Matt
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

For my two penneth worth I wasn't there, nor do I know any of the people involved and I doubt really that anyone was entirely at fault. WM-Warrior and his mate have obviously had a falling out with a steward or two who I am sure have very little training in how to talk to people or deal with conflict. However, I'd like to point out that two comments have been made by WM-warrior that surprise me. Firstly that his mate can't remember anything about the incident and secondly that they've been thrown out of a game before.

The only good reason for someone not remembering an incident is because they were that pi**ed that they probably wouldn't and secondly, to be thrown out of one game is unlucky but two, well I imagine it's because of the attention that someone is drawing to themselves.

Please WM-warrior, before you get all defensive, I'm not accusing you or your mate of anything but the way you came on this site after the incident, effing and jeffing about how your mate was the innocent party made me suspect that he was probably as guilty as the stewards. If you want a sympathetic ear, express a reasonable argument, which you may very well be right about, rather than just saying, you're all fu***ng wrong, you don't know s**t etc.

From someone who has had a LOT of training in how to speak to people and conflict management, I'd have thrown you out, purely and simply based on how you spoke on here.

To put it another way, if you hadn't done anything wrong at the ground, or on here, why did you apologise the following day for the comments you wrote?

IMO you and your mate were too drunk and it backfired on you. It's very easy to blame the stewards.... and you may have a point but I've never been thrown out of a game.....ever! and I love a pint or two before.

Come on mate. I honestly don't believe this situation was entirely down to the ineptitude of the stewards.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
slimshady wrote:The stewards Ive had problems with are over 50 and in the posh prawn eating west stand where there is always lots of trouble with rowdy over 60,s and civil servants intent on trouble making! A wiganer who thinks he's got a bit of power because he's wearing one of uncle nobeads vizwear jackets should tarred an feathered and banished to lollipop duty so they can bully kids!
LMFAO! :lol:
Nooooooo, they are the worse jobsworths going :( They have no idea about using their lollipop. They will stop a stream of traffic to let one child through at a time instead of waiting until there are several like they used to. Montrose Avenue is a nightmare at school times they have lollipops every 30 - 50 yards or so :exc:

Talk about conserving the environment & fuel, you can use a gallon of petrol going up or down that road at school times.
Slight exaggeration but you get my drift :wink:
Spot on Josie its a nightmare in a morning with about 300 lollipops on Montrose ave :lol: Its almost worth going up Kitt Green Road just to avoid the lollipops :lol: :lol:
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Kiwiseddon wrote:For my two penneth worth I wasn't there, nor do I know any of the people involved and I doubt really that anyone was entirely at fault. WM-Warrior and his mate have obviously had a falling out with a steward or two who I am sure have very little training in how to talk to people or deal with conflict. However, I'd like to point out that two comments have been made by WM-warrior that surprise me. Firstly that his mate can't remember anything about the incident and secondly that they've been thrown out of a game before.

The only good reason for someone not remembering an incident is because they were that pi**ed that they probably wouldn't and secondly, to be thrown out of one game is unlucky but two, well I imagine it's because of the attention that someone is drawing to themselves.

Please WM-warrior, before you get all defensive, I'm not accusing you or your mate of anything but the way you came on this site after the incident, effing and jeffing about how your mate was the innocent party made me suspect that he was probably as guilty as the stewards. If you want a sympathetic ear, express a reasonable argument, which you may very well be right about, rather than just saying, you're all fu***ng wrong, you don't know s**t etc.

From someone who has had a LOT of training in how to speak to people and conflict management, I'd have thrown you out, purely and simply based on how you spoke on here.

To put it another way, if you hadn't done anything wrong at the ground, or on here, why did you apologise the following day for the comments you wrote?

IMO you and your mate were too drunk and it backfired on you. It's very easy to blame the stewards.... and you may have a point but I've never been thrown out of a game.....ever! and I love a pint or two before.

Come on mate. I honestly don't believe this situation was entirely down to the ineptitude of the stewards.
Good post mate no need for all the aggro even if provoked by jobsworth stewards. From the other posts on here it seems this guy was being targetted by the stewards -why was this? Is he the innocent party or were the stewards waiting for an excuse to target him?

Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

HI,KITTWAZZER SOMEONE ALWAYS HAS TO HAVE A DIG AT THE FANS IN THE WEST STAND OR MAUSOLEUM AS YOU CALL IT, THE FANS IN THE WEST STAND HAVE PROBABLY SUPPORTED OUR GREAT TEAM LONGER THAN YOU AND PAID MORE MONEY TO THE CLUB THAN YOU ,SO WHY DONT YOU SHUT UP WITH YOUR BORING COMMENTS.YOU WILL BE OLD ONE DAY IF YOU ARE LUCKY,WOULD YOU PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION WHAT AGE WOULD YOU LIKE US IN THE WEST STAND TO STOP WATCHING OUR TEAM ?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

bobbyb wrote:HI,KITTWAZZER SOMEONE ALWAYS HAS TO HAVE A DIG AT THE FANS IN THE WEST STAND OR MAUSOLEUM AS YOU CALL IT, THE FANS IN THE WEST STAND HAVE PROBABLY SUPPORTED OUR GREAT TEAM LONGER THAN YOU AND PAID MORE MONEY TO THE CLUB THAN YOU ,SO WHY DONT YOU SHUT UP WITH YOUR BORING COMMENTS.YOU WILL BE OLD ONE DAY IF YOU ARE LUCKY,WOULD YOU PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION WHAT AGE WOULD YOU LIKE US IN THE WEST STAND TO STOP WATCHING OUR TEAM ?
Stop shouting and I might reply!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

bobbyb wrote:HI,KITTWAZZER SOMEONE ALWAYS HAS TO HAVE A DIG AT THE FANS IN THE WEST STAND OR MAUSOLEUM AS YOU CALL IT, THE FANS IN THE WEST STAND HAVE PROBABLY SUPPORTED OUR GREAT TEAM LONGER THAN YOU AND PAID MORE MONEY TO THE CLUB THAN YOU ,SO WHY DONT YOU SHUT UP WITH YOUR BORING COMMENTS.YOU WILL BE OLD ONE DAY IF YOU ARE LUCKY,WOULD YOU PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION WHAT AGE WOULD YOU LIKE US IN THE WEST STAND TO STOP WATCHING OUR TEAM ?
Stop shouting. Its not me who is deaf!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Be quiet Fred Elliott :)
Wigan_panda

Post by Wigan_panda »

Wm Warrior and his chums are what's wrong with this club. Maybe it's because you have a previous reputation? Hmmmmmm
It's good to have an end to journey towards, but it's the journey that matters in the end.
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

hi kittwazzer sorry for shouting i am not very good at computers(oap) please answer the question