mark smith

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: mark smith

Post by mrs_carney »

Lol, who would you actually back in a fight between them two though?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Well you could ask Faz what damage Sculthorpes knee can do to your nose.
mario

Post by mario »

[quote]MrsLam posted:
Anyway my point from that is how does Mo tempt a great player to come to Wigan rather than Leeds Saints or Bradford?

He doubles thier wages to stop them playing for Saints, as with Vaeliki. Great buissness from the chairman when he was'nt even the first choice signing.
mark prescott

Post by mark prescott »

6 weeks b4 the end of last season i questioned as to whether we had made a huge mistake in letting luke robinson go to salford and keeping mark smith on our books at this time i was slatted by certain users of this site who said mark smith was a valuable member of our squad, well lets look at the facts mark smith did not figure in the last 6 weeks of our super league campain did not play a play off match and was not injured yet we let luke go i am for glad that mark has left the club and i hope he prospers at widnes were he may get a regular game if shane millard is hurt i looked at the signing and i feel he will be exactly in the same position with widnes as he was with us ie 2nd choice yet we have let a better player leave :angry:
mario

Post by mario »

Are you sure he's going to be second choice?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mark prescott posted:
i am for glad that mark has left the club and i hope he prospers at widnes were he may get a regular game if shane millard is hurt i looked at the signing and i feel he will be exactly in the same position with widnes as he was with us ie 2nd choice
Rumours are the Leeds will place a bid for Millard to Widnes due to Diskin being out injured for 6 months.

Widnes may ley him go so thay can bring in another overseas player which would leave Mark Smith No.1 for the hooking role at the Chemics.

As to Luke Robinson the only reason to keep him was if he is a better player than Coyle and likely to remain so. We would have to let one of those two go sooner or later as their wages took them into the top 20 earners. The club has made its choice.

Dave
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

DaveO posted:
mark prescott posted:
i am for glad that mark has left the club and i hope he prospers at widnes were he may get a regular game if shane millard is hurt i looked at the signing and i feel he will be exactly in the same position with widnes as he was with us ie 2nd choice
Rumours are the Leeds will place a bid for Millard to Widnes due to Diskin being out injured for 6 months.

Widnes may ley him go so thay can bring in another overseas player which would leave Mark Smith No.1 for the hooking role at the Chemics.

As to Luke Robinson the only reason to keep him was if he is a better player than Coyle and likely to remain so. We would have to let one of those two go sooner or later as their wages took them into the top 20 earners. The club has made its choice.

Dave
Leeds are however trying Dunneman at hooker, plus Millard is a tub of lard!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
Leeds are however trying Dunneman at hooker, plus Millard is a tub of lard!
See this:

http://www.thisisleeds.co.uk/ViewArticl ... eID=907959

Dave
*!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Class!!*

Post by *!Wigan Babe-Luke Robo Is Class!!* »

i like luke but i think hes is better at salford because he will get more games and i dont think he will have as much pressure put on him either
WIGAN TILL I DIE!!!