Re: Crusaders gone , Wigan grade A status

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sick of saying it but the RFL are a bleeding joke.

Need to be rid of these idiots who are in charge & get someone proper not an ex tennis player.

They're all in it for there own ends & what they get out of it, not for what they put in :( (very much like politicians then eh? ) :sly:

End of this mornings rant, I'm tired & got the lurgy & was queuing from 6.15! Got my ticket tho :D
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

Your bang on Josie. Any credibility the RFL had has been destroyed.
They haven't a clue.
Remember when the Crusaders were in Cardiff? Bank rolled by the RFL (indirectly, by the paying public) then allowed to migrate up to Wrexham.
Now they are a disgrace the way they have treated their players.
Somebody on another site queried whether Wakefield were ineligible for a Licence because of their previous financial difficulties c.f. Crusaders.
The RFL were quick to scupper Widnes' chances when they were in a similar position notwithstanding the fact that they were subsequently bought by a millionaire backer!
All the RFL seem good at is creating "Jobs for the Boys" i.e. looking after themselves, a nice cosy Club.
It's high time the Super League Club Chairman, collectively, challenged the RFL.
Hope you are feeling better Josie.
Thank God we have our great Club to support. The RFL can go to Hell as far as I'm concerned.
My "Rant of the Day"!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

BriH wrote:Your bang on Josie. Any credibility the RFL had has been destroyed.
They haven't a clue.
Remember when the Crusaders were in Cardiff? Bank rolled by the RFL (indirectly, by the paying public) then allowed to migrate up to Wrexham.
Now they are a disgrace the way they have treated their players.
Somebody on another site queried whether Wakefield were ineligible for a Licence because of their previous financial difficulties c.f. Crusaders.
The RFL were quick to scupper Widnes' chances when they were in a similar position notwithstanding the fact that they were subsequently bought by a millionaire backer!
All the RFL seem good at is creating "Jobs for the Boys" i.e. looking after themselves, a nice cosy Club.
It's high time the Super League Club Chairman, collectively, challenged the RFL.
Hope you are feeling better Josie.
Thank God we have our great Club to support. The RFL can go to Hell as far as I'm concerned.
My "Rant of the Day"!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
:eusa2: :eusa2:

They all have their freebies & jollies to the big games, best seats, corporate etc. all paid for by US & what do they do for us in return? Make the game look like it's run by amateurs who have no idea how to run or even promote our fantastic game.

We need new blood at the RFL & not these owd fogies :angry:

Thanks Bri, don't worry, I'll be fit for Friday goin to the Hull game :) Takes a lot to keep this owd bird down :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

I have a copy of the RFL criteria used to give out Licences.
Interestingly, for Grade C Licence it talks about Clubs satisfying Championship 1 criteria and, even more alarming, the final decision appears to be at the discretion of the RFL!!!!!
What a load of bollocks.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

i'm spartacus wrote:I bet Keith Senior is busy looking through the small print in his contract for a cooling off period
None needed. His contract became null and void yesterday as did those of the rest of the team!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I reckon we should put a freedom of information request in for all documentation related to the recent franchising. Including all internal emails between rfl staff. I believe all you have to do is write a letter requesting the info and they have to get it for you.

Maybe a legally minded fan can confirm and draft something. I smell somthing funny here, at the very least the process should be open for public scrutiny so everyone can see it is above board.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Wes

Post by Wes »

Good idea Mike . . . do we have any budding solicitors on the forum?
onedego

Post by onedego »

you dont need a solicitor. Google the Freedom of Information Act, have a read through, and then write to them asking for the information in relation to point X,Y,Z of the Freedom of Information Act, and they'll have to reply.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

I am very sad about what has happened to Crusaders and it just shows that expansion teams need a lot of extra help, and finance, to survive.

Additionally I am absolutely dismayed that Wakefield have stayed in at the expense of Halifax. If Wajkefield didnt go this year then it is hard to see any existing SL club getting the boot for another heartland team.
onedego

Post by onedego »

So, it's just over a month before we host Crusaders at our place. I really do hope they're pulling it together right to the end. As it will be their last ever game in the SuperLeague, we should welcome them with applause, maybe a few chants in their favour.

Certainly, I dont see any reason why we should have nasty feelings towards Cru.