Gareth Thomas

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Gareth Thomas

Post by josie andrews »

the winky one wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote:Absolute madness if true. In fact I'd put my mortgage on it being wrong. There is no good reason to sign him at all.

It's on the back of the Evening Post this morning(yes the Evening Post delivered at 7am!!!)..Please let it be a rumour...a very big rumour.. :eusa17: :eusa10:
That's late Winky!! Get mine just after 6am!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
the winky one wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote:Absolute madness if true. In fact I'd put my mortgage on it being wrong. There is no good reason to sign him at all.

It's on the back of the Evening Post this morning(yes the Evening Post delivered at 7am!!!)..Please let it be a rumour...a very big rumour.. :eusa17: :eusa10:
Billy must do your estate before mine. Its 6.30 for me!
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Was really disappointed when I first read this as he is not a Wigan class player, however look at it this way:
It is rumoured to be a one year deal. This will give us cover for George for next year FREE OF CHARGE if rumours are to be believed.

After this Thomas is used to build links with Rugby Union; identifying players who could make the crossover and enticing them to Wigan.
He is the biggest name to make the change in the Super League era and could be used to put us ahead of all other Super League clubs in this department.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

the winky one wrote:

It's looking like I've lost my Mortgage!!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
OJ

Post by OJ »

Shaun1967 wrote:This will give us cover for George for next year FREE OF CHARGE if rumours are to be believed.

Sorry and no disrespect to GT but his name and George Carmont's should not be uttered in the same breath
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

OJ wrote:
Shaun1967 wrote:This will give us cover for George for next year FREE OF CHARGE if rumours are to be believed.

Sorry and no disrespect to GT but his name and George Carmont's should not be uttered in the same breath
Surely Goulding and Marsh would have something to say about that!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Kiwiseddon wrote:
the winky one wrote:

It's looking like I've lost my Mortgage!!
Sure someone will lend you a tent Kiwi :wink: :wink:
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
the winky one wrote:
Billy must do your estate before mine. Its 6.30 for me!
well it used to be someone called Mal I think...
I live on Norley,but don't know who delivers now
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Marsh will go to Widnes. They have offered him a 2 year deal.

I hate the idea of signing Thomas and the way his salary has been funded by the RFL through his RL career shows how farcical the salary cap/the RFL is/are.

IL seems to work in a way contrary to my own thinking in that he massages egos at the RFL etc but hey he is a multi millionaire hugely successful businessman and I am me :)

Perhaps Thomas will hardly ever play (hope so) and is here to sell Wigan to Welsh people / attract young Welsh players.
missyme65

Post by missyme65 »

cpwigan wrote:I think Marsh will go to Widnes. They have offered him a 2 year deal.

I hate the idea of signing Thomas and the way his salary has been funded by the RFL through his RL career shows how farcical the salary cap/the RFL is/are.

IL seems to work in a way contrary to my own thinking in that he massages egos at the RFL etc but hey he is a multi millionaire hugely successful businessman and I am me :)

Perhaps Thomas will hardly ever play (hope so) and is here to sell Wigan to Welsh people / attract young Welsh players.

couldnt agree more...
softy southerner finds the holy grail...