Wigan discipline Sam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Wigan discipline Sam

Post by cpwigan »

Hendy / Ellery / Offiah they all did similar things when scoring. One could even argue that Josh C should not have saluted before scoring etc but that is how silly it becomes. I have been thinking players like Sam need to go back to celebratios. I think part of the Edwards / Offiah try celebration was to metaphorically stick 2 finger up to the opposing fans.
warriorwal

Tomkins fined

Post by warriorwal »

news just broke sam fined £1000 pounds suspended till 2012 at least he aint been banned
ian.birchall

Re: Tomkins fined

Post by ian.birchall »

warriorwal wrote:news just broke sam fined £1000 pounds suspended till 2012 at least he aint been banned
So no club punishment then. Thats not going to save him from Red Hall.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
warriorwal

Post by warriorwal »

think that is from the rfl as from what I understood
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
DaveO

Re: Wigan discipline Sam

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:Hendy / Ellery / Offiah they all did similar things when scoring. One could even argue that Josh C should not have saluted before scoring etc but that is how silly it becomes. I have been thinking players like Sam need to go back to celebratios. I think part of the Edwards / Offiah try celebration was to metaphorically stick 2 finger up to the opposing fans.
The head nodding would them all up incredibly. Sam should revive that tradition!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Amazing that despite several other players from other clubs doing the same thing in high-profile televised matches the first punishment dished out by the RFL for this is to a Wigan player.

Fernando Player

Post by Fernando Player »

Right decision I think. It was a stupid thing to do, a big error in judgment but not one deserving a ban. He's going to get an even worse reception at away matches now, but at least from a club point of view we can move on and prepare for Warrington at the weekend.
OJ

Post by OJ »

In fairness Dave I think the fact that it has been suspended until the end of next season indicates the RFL are merely paying lip service to the baying hounds. Hopefully this will be the last of it although if Eddie Hemmings starts going on about it in Boots'n'all tonight the tv screen might be going for a burton in our house!
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.