Lauaki

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kittwazzer

Re: Lauaki

Post by Kittwazzer »

Matthew wrote:
He will seriously need to up his fitness and sort out his discipline if he is to be any good for us next year.
I expect pre-season will find him out. If he comes through that he will be OK!
OJ

Post by OJ »

Shaun1967 wrote:So are we taking it as fact now that IL does all the hiring and firing with no input from the coaching team?
That is a question I have been pondering over - does anyone on here know for certain who is doing the hiring of players for the future?
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

OJ wrote:That is a question I have been pondering over - does anyone on here know for certain who is doing the hiring of players for the future?
The coaching team have identified the players they want for next season. As with any club, the board will say whether they can sign that player once finances have been considered.
The conspiracists would like you to think that IL is going to totally change the way things work with signings and selections.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Shaun1967 wrote:The coaching team have identified the players they want for next season. As with any club, the board will say whether they can sign that player once finances have been considered.
That is how it is supposed to work.
The conspiracists would like you to think that IL is going to totally change the way things work with signings and selections.
No, people are suggesting if we do sign any of the three substandard ex-Crusaders players we have been linked with it won't be down to Wane requesting them so it won't be working how it is supposed to work.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Potential signings are often identified 1, 2 years + in advance based on coaching recommendations re available players AND finances (cap space / players demand). Obviously such situations are very fluid. You may lose an existing player you did not plan for, you may bid for player X be outbid and have to go for player Y etc etc.

None of the Crusaders even Thomas has signed yet (the RFL demands are way OTT IMO) and his signing is in addition to the normal salary cap and instigated by the RFL and IL. It just shows how much of a joke operations are at the top of the sport.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:None of the Crusaders even Thomas has signed yet (the RFL demands are way OTT IMO) and his signing is in addition to the normal salary cap and instigated by the RFL and IL. It just shows how much of a joke operations are at the top of the sport.
Well I hope none of them do sign but salary cap aside if the Thomas thing comes off then surely that would prove the system is not working as it should.

What is even more of a concern is if we do sign Thomas I can't see why Wane would pick him - unless IL forces him to which would IMO be on the cards otherwise why would IL want to sign a player his coach would ignore?
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

DaveO wrote:What is even more of a concern is if we do sign Thomas I can't see why Wane would pick him - unless IL forces him to which would IMO be on the cards otherwise why would IL want to sign a player his coach would ignore?
So you think it is on the cards that IL will force Wane to pick players he doesn't want to but you don't agree with me when I say that "The conspiracists would like you to think that IL is going to totally change the way things work with signings and selections." Good, sound logic.

You have already made it clear you have no time for Madge, it's beginning to look like Lenegan is in your sights as well.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Shaun1967 wrote:
DaveO wrote:What is even more of a concern is if we do sign Thomas I can't see why Wane would pick him - unless IL forces him to which would IMO be on the cards otherwise why would IL want to sign a player his coach would ignore?
So you think it is on the cards that IL will force Wane to pick players he doesn't want to but you don't agree with me when I say that "The conspiracists would like you to think that IL is going to totally change the way things work with signings and selections." Good, sound logic.
It is not a conspiracy, it's common sense. You don't sign players not to play them.

IL has signed several players. Mathers, Pryce and Roberts (his "flying winger"). They were all his doing and I can actually understand the first two because we were stuck with big contracts with the salary cap so they were worth the risk as they were cheap. The fact the pair of them turned out to be rubbish despite IL calling Pryce "Word class" proves that he is not infallible.

With Roberts I said at the time giving a four year deal to a player this age was a mistake and given he has delivered for less than half a season it looks like I was right there. I was told "IL knew best" then as well.

I'd love Roberts to come back and get that form back and maybe he will get the chance under Wane but at the moment my concerns when he was signed have been realised.
You have already made it clear you have no time for Madge,
That is complete rubbish. Madge is a great coach, I simply do not like it that in less than two seasons into his time here he decided to go back to Austria at the first opportunity.
it's beginning to look like Lenegan is in your sights as well.
Only in your eyes. It does my head in that people such as yourself appear to see everything in black and white. Do you think everything IL will ever do at Wigan will be without fault?

Do you want us to sign Thomas? Would you want to see him in the team if we did? The answer "I trust the coaching staff and/or IL" is not the right answer in that I am asking you to think for yourself and based on what you know of the players and the game to form an opinion based on that.

IL gets more right than wrong by a long chalk but I happen to think he is wrong to be pushing this Thomas thing as according to CPW he is doing. If you think that means I have "IL in my sights" then clearly that is also complete nonsense.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

DaveO wrote:It is not a conspiracy, it's common sense. You don't sign players not to play them.
You do if you are signing them for an off field role.
DaveO wrote:Do you want us to sign Thomas? Would you want to see him in the team if we did? The answer "I trust the coaching staff and/or IL" is not the right answer in that I am asking you to think for yourself and based on what you know of the players and the game to form an opinion based on that.
Read the Gareth Thomas thread. I've somehow managed to think for myself and already answered these questions.

WALLY LEWIS
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Shaun1967 wrote:You have already made it clear you have no time for Madge,
DaveO wrote:That is complete rubbish.
DaveO wrote:No time for him from now on.
http://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/wigan/ ... 1&o=705815

Oh Dear! I have to admit that does look black and white to me!

WALLY LEWIS