gaz hock thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Hanley the God!

Re: Gaz Hock

Post by Hanley the God! »

There is a saying "a leopard never changes it's spots!".

The guy is a world class player of that there is no doubt. But he's still a damn liability, and, as it proved today a chuffin' idiot!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

I'm not convinced that the gouging was deliberate but the fact that Hock had his fingers in that area will probably get him into trouble, and then there was the punch. I'm guessing at a 4 - 6 match ban.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

We get beat and the mob is baying for blood. There was malie but little in it. Sky pumped it up. Looks bad but it was a grab and happens every time there is a wrestling match. 2 at most. Had it not happened you would be calling for Hock MOM. He made good yards, he had good offloads. He got elbowed and reacted after a lot of agrevation. HE did not gouge. At least hang hime for what he did do. Jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

So now we have cooled down it sounds like Hock was stupid I.E punching etc rather than cowardly I.E gouging ?

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

i have watched the incident repeatedly, there was NO gouging, he tried to peel the top of the guys head off, but he was nowhere near his eyes. The punch, well at least it connected, so two games maximum would be fair, but he plays for Wigan so probably banned for life, as will Sam for that nothing "foot in" incident where Silverwood was desperate to give an eight point try, when in fact the ball was grounded short of the line.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

wgnwrs wrote:I've not read the thread do don't know if the comments are in regards to the player in questions ability.

But I would like to say that although Gareth Hock does have some skills to his locker, his negatives render him what I would call utterley useless to a team who wants to win RL matches.

Get rid.
Are you serious?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wgnwrs wrote:
But I would like to say that although Gareth Hock does have some skills to his locker, his negatives render him what I would call utterley useless to a team who wants to win RL matches.

Get rid.
You must be mad!!
I've not read the thread do don't know if the comments are in regards to the player in questions ability.
And why comment on a thread you haven't read??
Very strange IMO :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

exile in Tiger country wrote:i have watched the incident repeatedly, there was NO gouging, he tried to peel the top of the guys head off, but he was nowhere near his eyes. The punch, well at least it connected, so two games maximum would be fair, but he plays for Wigan so probably banned for life, as will Sam for that nothing "foot in" incident where Silverwood was desperate to give an eight point try, when in fact the ball was grounded short of the line.
Sorry exile, the replay that I've just watched shows Gaz Hock with his finger(s) in Harrison's eyes and I really cannot see (no pun intended) how you can defend his actions. I don't think he went to gauge him but he definitely made contact with the eyes and ought to be punished for it. I am one of Gaz Hock's biggest fans and remain so but if this was a Wire player I would be screaming for blood. Whatever the situation, however frustrated you are, you DON'T go near your opponent's eyes. He will be rightly punished for what he's done and I really can't defend him this time.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:I have only seen it once. Are we definite Hock gouged him?
No. I spotted the punch and that was bad enough. But after all the flak flying around, I watched it again. And again. The palm of Gaz's hand was on top of Harrison's head so his fingertips were level with his eyes. I'm afraid Westwood is the only person who could confirm whether or not he was gouged.

My guess is if he had been, he'd have said summat at the time. Bloody sure I would have!
Warrriors

Post by Warrriors »

Kiwiseddon wrote: ... the replay that I've just watched shows Gaz Hock with his finger(s) in Harrison's eyes and I really cannot see (no pun intended) how you can defend his actions. I don't think he went to gauge him but he definitely made contact with the eyes and ought to be punished for it. I am one of Gaz Hock's biggest fans and remain so but if this was a Wire player I would be screaming for blood. Whatever the situation, however frustrated you are, you DON'T go near your opponent's eyes. He will be rightly punished for what he's done and I really can't defend him this time.
I agree. I'd love to say differently, but I can't in all honesty. If that had been an action by any other team's player I'd expect a severe punishment and just because it's Gaz I'm not going to pretend it's any different. He was just starting to show his form as a strike player, too. Stupid, stupid, stupid. :craz: