South stand bar- What happened

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fujiman

Re: South stand bar- What happened

Post by Fujiman »

josie andrews wrote:Have received an email that there will be an official statement from the club tomorrow.

I didn't go in the SS bar last week either before or after the game.

They don't have to come into the supporters bar & face the fans win or lose!

Can you see any football players or coaches doing it mixing with the fans like our lads do???

It was one game for God's sake albeit the first.

The players & coaching staff all agree they were caught with their pants round their ankles, lets give them the benefit of the doubt & get behind them.

Ancient & Loyal!!!
Has there been an official statement yet?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No, I don't know the reason why, as I had been told that an official announcement would be made :conf:

Last Sunday in the early hours I did receive a detailed email with a statement & was asked to put it on here.
I then received another email, later in the morning, asking me not to publish it, as an official announcement would be made on Monday.

Luckily, I saw the second email first!

I have been led to believe that the players will be back in the South Stand after the next home game & an explanation will be given then :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Its all wrong. SSB frequentees should not be allowed to feel any more special than the other 15,000 supporters.

What's the big deal about what does or doesn't happen in Whelan's extortionately priced crap beer selling bar?
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I don't see it as SSB being special, just the way the issue (if there was one in the first place) was handled.

Didn't see or hear anything controversial on the night
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

a percentage of Storm players come into the social club after every home game to see the fans win or lose.they spend time signing autographs and talking to fans.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:Its all wrong. SSB frequentees should not be allowed to feel any more special than the other 15,000 supporters.

What's the big deal about what does or doesn't happen in Whelan's extortionately priced crap beer selling bar?
£2.85 for a pint of lemonade!!! Thieving barstewards :angry:

They had the cheek to ask if I wanted ice as well!!! That would have took at least a gill of the lemonade up :sly:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

As a none season ticket holder, I feel that the policy encourages supporters to leave the ground earlier to get a drink or a table in SSB. This contributes to the "Wigan walk" nonsense we have to put up with.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

exile in Tiger country wrote:As a none season ticket holder, I feel that the policy encourages supporters to leave the ground earlier to get a drink or a table in SSB. This contributes to the "Wigan walk" nonsense we have to put up with.
Don't think the bar makes any difference to "the walk" to be honest.
Think most early leavers do it to miss the traffic. Whereas we use the SS bar to wait for the traffic to die down
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

FROM A TO B wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:As a none season ticket holder, I feel that the policy encourages supporters to leave the ground earlier to get a drink or a table in SSB. This contributes to the "Wigan walk" nonsense we have to put up with.
Don't think the bar makes any difference to "the walk" to be honest.
Think most early leavers do it to miss the traffic. Whereas we use the SS bar to wait for the traffic to die down
I do the same Guy.
At the Giants game I missed the bar before & after the game & was stuck in traffic for well over a half hour exiting!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Firstly I don't see the problem of going into the bar after a game as a fan - you either do or you don't... a mingle-fest.

Secondly I don't see the problem with not having players/coaches in after the match either is it an official thing anyway?

Thirdly those who heckle or are abusive are idiots, there's no need for it really is there?

Fourthly my stomach hurts can anyone diagnose?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame