Lauaki

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Lauaki

Post by cpwigan »

Stats are meaningless unless you understand what they mean / can explain why they differ etc etc I think it was on this site that according to various stats Melbourne had no right to be winning so many games and be top of the league etc etc.
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Stats are people's average over the individual game or total number of games. In that respect then stats give the best snapshot of how your game is overall and so then they are really important in deciding who is performing the best overall, but you have to take the whole of the individuals stats in to get the full picture. I can agree in some respects about the carry distance of the props from kick off. That is reflected in big jeff's stats for metres carried in that he generally runs the ball up from kick off, and he has the highest average gain per carry of anyone the team. Looking at the tackle busts, Lauaki has more than any other prop, and from less carries than big jeff.

Trusting your instincts I've found is generally supported by the stats in the long run. I think all of us can agree on the players who are the stand out performers in the season up to now. If you check the stats, i'll bet they don't disagree with what you believe
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

Kittwazzer wrote:I think its psychological. No matter how the team are playing, the fans have to have their whipping boy. As has been discussed at length on another thread, how long did Daz Goulding take stick from the fans!
You may be right, regards Goulding the few games he had last season he played with a lack of confidence and it showed. This season with Wane being fully behind him what a difference it makes.With Lauaki we do need to give him a bit more time to settle in, some players need a bit of time before you see the best of them ! Every one is different and time will prove if he was a good buy or a complete waste of money