Charnley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
georgeorwell

Re: Charnley

Post by georgeorwell »

Question is Bri, why do the club chairmen put up with it? Surely if they all got together they could force change at Red Hall. We must have some of the worst administrators in world sport and it's way time things changed.
BriH

Post by BriH »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Do we all remember when we had 13 wigan players in the GB squad, and we pushed the aussies so close the ashes where in touching distance but it wasnt to be, we didnt have all this crap in exiles games, england ireland and every other tom dick and harry playing rep football.

Granted we didnt have a salary cap but what we did have was a balance of competitive internationals and a good league system and with a few tweaks to a more full time sport then i reckon we would have had one the best comps in the sporting world, however the game has chosen to go with the lowest common denominator that being money.

And the game has suffered and it is showing now, the damage being done is becoming irreversable as there is no incentive for people to want to get involved in a sport which is salary capped as your success will not be rewarded or if it is you will be penalised because your team will suffer as they will need to release players just to reduce the wage bill, so your succesful team will then become uncompetitive.

I have been a rugby league fan since 3 years old and i have to say the game is becoming amateurish at all levels to say the least and with the RFL now in charge of whole game instead of barla it will get even worse and if any of the fellow coaches out there attended the Northwest counties meetings they will have heard such conflicting and contradicting messages from the RFL that it will be the deathknell of the sport if they carry on as they are, the future of the game is the hands of bean counters who as i have said before have zero common sense
Well said Mate.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Anyone got an update on Josh's injury?
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

OJ wrote:Anyone got an update on Josh's injury?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/18725230
OJ

Post by OJ »

Kittwazzer wrote:
That was why I was asking the question really Kittwazzer, I'd read that article last week but then today have seen on the wigan today site that he and Micky Mac & Lima may all return for the weekend so was just wondering which version was accurate especially after comments about Josh having heard something 'pop' at the time. Guess we'll have to wait for weekend to find out.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

OJ wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
That was why I was asking the question really Kittwazzer, I'd read that article last week but then today have seen on the wigan today site that he and Micky Mac & Lima may all return for the weekend so was just wondering which version was accurate especially after comments about Josh having heard something 'pop' at the time. Guess we'll have to wait for weekend to find out.
Didn't realise it was old news!!! :eh:

Not spotted any giveaway tweets either so maybe Wane is keeping his powder dry?
OJ

Post by OJ »

Kittwazzer wrote:

Not spotted any giveaway tweets either so maybe Wane is keeping his powder dry?

Seems like a good idea - lets hope that is the answer :eusa10:

michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Kittwazzer wrote:
OJ wrote:
Didn't realise it was old news!!! :eh: Not spotted any giveaway tweets either so maybe Wane is keeping his powder dry?
It was dated 5th July