Why we are playing poorly!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nellywelly

Re: Why we are playing poorly!!!

Post by nellywelly »

I do not think we will win another game this season !!
For some reason we have become a poor team, this season we started so brightly just like last season and just like last season when other teams are improving we go backwards. I can not see us turning this slump around, it is defernately to late for Wembley. Our confidance is brocken and there is not enough time to mend it. Last season our slump in form was not as bad and we managed to hold on to the League leaders shield but this season we will only finnish fourth. Compared to last seasons form we have gone down in our preformance and we will be beaten in the play-offs first by Hudds then Stains it will be a disaster and who do we blame the coach or the players ???
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

The team has been up for it in every round of the challenge cup this year. Were London that bad to be nilled or did Wigan's game on the day have nothing to do with it.
Leeds have shown twice on the trot that the grand final is winnable from outside the top two.
I am not giving up hope on either for these reasons alone.
C'MON WIGAN
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I expect the best supporting Wigan, can you help me with this massive chip or are my expectations much more aspiring than yours nee naw?
Maybe some fans forget that we are in the 'here and now', and lose sight of reality. Yes we would all like Wigan to win every trophy and play entertaining rugby, but this season that is not the case, make the best of what we have got. Don't forget that the other fans of the 13 clubs in SL expect the best, regardless of stature or past history.

As for the 'massive chip on your shoulder', it is you who has described your chip as 'massive', therefore unfortunately beyond my expertise.
NeeNawWarrior22

nellywelly wrote:I do not think we will win another game this season !!
For some reason we have become a poor team, this season we started so brightly just like last season and just like last season when other teams are improving we go backwards. I can not see us turning this slump around, it is defernately to late for Wembley. Our confidance is brocken and there is not enough time to mend it. Last season our slump in form was not as bad and we managed to hold on to the League leaders shield but this season we will only finnish fourth. Compared to last seasons form we have gone down in our preformance and we will be beaten in the play-offs first by Hudds then Stains it will be a disaster and who do we blame the coach or the players ???
Drastic to say the least.
Alreetas

Post by Alreetas »

I think it is very drastic to say we wont win another game this year, the grand final is still only a few games away and the cup final is only 1 game away. whilst the other clubs have been throwing their all in we have been resting our stars for the major trophies, would it have been nice to win the treble...yes... however no-one really remembers who wins the league leaders hubcap it is who wins the Challenge Cup and Who wins the Grand Final.. despite our "dip in form" I still feel we will bag this cup andbe in the final for the big one.. That is what counts... In Wane we trust... Ancient and Loyal.
To understand the man you must first understand his demons
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Alreetas wrote:I think it is very drastic to say we wont win another game this year, the grand final is still only a few games away and the cup final is only 1 game away. whilst the other clubs have been throwing their all in we have been resting our stars for the major trophies, would it have been nice to win the treble...yes... however no-one really remembers who wins the league leaders hubcap it is who wins the Challenge Cup and Who wins the Grand Final.. despite our "dip in form" I still feel we will bag this cup andbe in the final for the big one.. That is what counts... In Wane we trust... Ancient and Loyal.
Week today we will know if we were resting or getting worse due to other issues. Going to be one heck of a weekend.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:I expect the best supporting Wigan, can you help me with this massive chip or are my expectations much more aspiring than yours nee naw?
Maybe some fans forget that we are in the 'here and now', and lose sight of reality. Yes we would all like Wigan to win every trophy and play entertaining rugby, but this season that is not the case, make the best of what we have got. Don't forget that the other fans of the 13 clubs in SL expect the best, regardless of stature or past history.

As for the 'massive chip on your shoulder', it is you who has described your chip as 'massive', therefore unfortunately beyond my expertise.
Thanks for confirming my greater expectations than the mere mortals!!:D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
NeeNawWarrior22

Wandering Warrior wrote:
NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:

Thanks for confirming my greater expectations than the mere mortals!!:D
Haha anytime :D
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

thegimble wrote:
Alreetas wrote:I think it is very drastic to say we wont win another game this year, the grand final is still only a few games away and the cup final is only 1 game away. whilst the other clubs have been throwing their all in we have been resting our stars for the major trophies, would it have been nice to win the treble...yes... however no-one really remembers who wins the league leaders hubcap it is who wins the Challenge Cup and Who wins the Grand Final.. despite our "dip in form" I still feel we will bag this cup andbe in the final for the big one.. That is what counts... In Wane we trust... Ancient and Loyal.
Week today we will know if we were resting or getting worse due to other issues. Going to be one heck of a weekend.
Exactly, there will be some egg on faces on here, one way or the other. Personally I think Wigan will win oomfortably.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wane is Dorahay MKII, we could replace him with almost anybody and they would be better be they from the UK or the NRL.