Unlucky lads

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dave_highfive1

Re: Unlucky lads

Post by dave_highfive1 »

RobWigan wrote: :) i am quite tipsy, but i sit on the bottom row at the DW before the backlash starts!!! Hahah! But he must be drunk to not realise you cannot play your full team every week and win both trophies
Whoever said about running your full team every week????

I merely said to experiment earlier in the season and change out later in the season with more tried and experienced players.

PROOF (to the same level) who can replace fullback, goal kicker, and SOL this late in the season to anywhere near the same ability?????????
Wiganwarrior1

Post by Wiganwarrior1 »

One of the most enjoyable games all season.

Clock situation was a disgrace and the club should complain.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganwarrior1 wrote:One of the most enjoyable games all season.

Clock situation was a disgrace and the club should complain.
They will be too diplomatic to complain IMO but they should. Things like that ought not to happen. RL introduced off-field timekeepers to stop this kind of thing happening so if it does then those on the clock need to be up before the RFL to explain themselves.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Well ignoring the troll that his Dave-High1 and is rants about not playing well

I'm glad many others also noticed the two incidents that seemed to swing the game into Hull's way

First the brilliant tackle from Greenwood and subsequent penalty for picking up the ball from the loose play the ball after the Hull player played it to no-one. One of the worst decisions in years and with the incessant offside from the Hull players made a mockery of Childs' ability to decide who or what covers an "offside" decision (I'm not even starting on the forward passes Hull got away with. One right in front of Childs from a tap penalty restart right on Wigan's line which also resulted in a Hull try a play or two later)

Secondly, the clock stopping was also noticed by plenty around us. When it restarted it did jump forward by about 15 seconds but that was after around almost a minutes play. With this being used for the "official" end of play for the match, it is obvious play went on far longer than it should have and gave Hull the chance to get the drop goal.

I would also like to say I thought, considering the make-shift look to the team, how brilliantly they played at times. Lack of composure and one or two moments of poor defense hurt them, but overall they more than gave Hull a real scare. If I was connected to Hull I would have been embarrassed to have struggled to e one point win over that side. Well played lads
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

Was at the match last night. Was one of the most entertaining games of the season. Child's as a referee wants his backside kicking and the other two at times didn't seem to be even watching the match. So aside from some mistakes what a great performance, and I hope the seniors were taking some mental notes.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Dave Highfive, we win the CC but not convincingly? Yes again you are right, keeping a team scoreless just shows how close they were to beating us!! You are clearly a troll or even worse a fool!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

dave_highfive1 wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
dave_highfive1 wrote: Maybe the future is bright for the club (unless talent like ST ends up going abroad again, but that's another issue), but it's what the management do with that talent here and now. That is what is going wrong at the business end of the season, yet again.

Not a problem with what the young lads did tonight.

BUT it is what the management have been doing with our first team players at the business end which will not bode us well.
Going wrong at the business end of the season, yet again? What have the management been doing with our first team players which will not bode well for us?

When you was back on your home planet last weekend we won the CC Cup final!! Obviously you don't know this as you didn't post a reply all last week so I thought I would let you know! As for the management, they have just won 1 of 2 major trophies and are still very much in the running for the 2nd irrelevant of form, oh how terrible they are, sack them all. I really hope you have been sat next to RobWigan all night and are steaming and realise/regret how stupid your posts are.
Irrelevant of form????

That's my whole point.

I had people who do and don't watch rugby coming up to me and still say Wigan weren't convincing in the cup win.

Compare this with our form earlier in the season when we were practically destroying teams.

We'll see in the playoffs.
*u**ing half wit!who let you out without a parent? Of course we did not win the cc convincingly because it was pi**ng down.we cannot be expeced to nil every team we play nor can we expect to put 60-70 points on every team that's why it's called rugby league and not bloody cricket.I would expect people to discuss how dire in comparison this years cc was as opposed to previous finals but do you honestly think right minded folk are going to seek you out just so they can voice an opinion on the cc win.Seriously you do not expect me to believe that people think your some rugby guru not on the evidence of your post.Do me a favour and stick to licking stamps.
Aluaka

Post by Aluaka »

My view of the Challenge Cup final:-

- the conditions were very poor - the rain was much heavier than it looked on TV
- Wigan played to the conditions
- Wigan did what they needed to do to win and nil the opposition.
- It was as convincing as it could've been based on all circumstances
- it was a good win in the circumstances

Had Wigan tried to play 'convincing' Rugby, they may well have been hammered as a result of errors in those weather conditions.
BriH

Post by BriH »

dave_highfive1 wrote:Surprise surprise most the first team missing again! Never!

SW offered a contract for next year? Omg!!

Wigan form is bad enough as of late, especially in an unconvincing win in the cup.

Wigan are going nowhere in the playoffs, form has been too bad, management has been too bad.
What a miserable so-and-so you are :angry: :angry: :angry:
Why don't you watch Saints?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

KOOCH wrote:
dave_highfive1 wrote:
Irrelevant of form????

That's my whole point.

I had people who do and don't watch rugby coming up to me and still say Wigan weren't convincing in the cup win.

Compare this with our form earlier in the season when we were practically destroying teams.

We'll see in the playoffs.
*u**ing half wit!who let you out without a parent? Of course we did not win the cc convincingly because it was pi**ng down.we cannot be expeced to nil every team we play nor can we expect to put 60-70 points on every team that's why it's called rugby league and not bloody cricket.I would expect people to discuss how dire in comparison this years cc was as opposed to previous finals but do you honestly think right minded folk are going to seek you out just so they can voice an opinion on the cc win.Seriously you do not expect me to believe that people think your some rugby guru not on the evidence of your post.

Do me a favour and stick to licking stamps.
Or windows!