Steve Prescott

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cow yeds

Re: Steve Prescott

Post by cow yeds »

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Why is this link for Microsoft Outlook? :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Prescott motion tabled

A motion has been tabled in Parliament to mark the achievements of the late Steve Prescott, calling him "a hero in sport and in life".

Tabled by the chairman of the Parliamentary Rugby League Group, Leeds North West MP Greg Mulholland, the motion recognises Prescott's playing career with St Helens, Wakefield Trinity Wildcats and Hull FC and his remarkable charity work since he was diagnosed with pseudomyxoma peritonei in 2006.

The former England and Ireland full-back lost his seven-year fight with the rare form of stomach cancer on Saturday, at the age of 39.

The MPs have also added their weight to the growing campaign to add Prescott's name to the Super League Man of Steel award.

Mulholland, who has written to Prescott's family expressing the group's sorrow at their loss, said: "Steve was a true hero. Not only was he a fantastic player, he was a fantastic person who did not let anything get in his way.

"His selfless and tireless fundraising against such incredible personal circumstances has - and will continue to have - the most profound impact on people. Our thoughts are with his loved ones, his friends and with those whose lives he touched."

A requiem mass will be celebrated at Lowe House Church, North Road, St Helens on Monday at 11am and will be followed by a private committal at St Helens crematorium.

http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article/29 ... on-tabled?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Harrytats

Sam Tomkins tribute to Steve Prescott

Post by Harrytats »

Brilliant column from Sam on the inspirational Steve Prescott. one of the best sport columns I have ever read.

Worth a read.

http://www.samtomkins.com/blog/were-all ... rspective/
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

THE JUDGE

Post by THE JUDGE »

Years ago Wigan would play Warrington in a pre-season charity match for the `Locker Cup`. I think it would be a great idea for Wigan to meet Saints annually pre-eason on a home and away basis for the `Steve Prescott Memorial Trophy`, with the proceeds going to his many charity organisations The fans of both clubs would support this event in massive numbers, for such a very special man.
Following a Judicial Review of my computer, I hope I have now resolved my inability to participate
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

A Statement from the Steve Prescott Foundation

We have lost our figurehead and close friend and words do not do justice to the grief we are feeling at this time.

The foundation will continue as a legacy to Steve Prescott MBE and as he requested. We will work to make the foundation bigger and better and involve appropriate ambassadors to lead the way forward.

The family and foundation are overwhelmed with the messages of support from all over the country and world that have been received. It is very comforting to the family.

The SPF website now contains a message of condolence book for Steve Prescott MBE and you can add your message here http://www.steveprescottfoundation.co.u ... ences.aspx

The SPF are currently working alongside former clubs St Helens RFC and Hull FC on suitable memorials that will keep Steve's legacy in hearts of fans forever.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news