Wigan boss Shaun Wane left fuming after Warrington Wolves help out the Sydney Roosters

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: Wigan boss Shaun Wane left fuming after Warrington Wolves help out...

Post by ddtftf »

Warrington should have played like us in the final, they would have won lol
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Looks like its up to me to apologise for everyone else's lack of manners.

Welcome to the site Wire Yed! :)
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Don't apologise for me, I mean it
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

ddtftf wrote:Don't apologise for me, I mean it
It was tongue in cheek.

Oh, how I miss P&B!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

AndyNick wrote:You're right that our recent record against Warrington isn't great.

I think we've only beaten them twice in 10 games (please correct if i'm wrong)but the 2 that we have won were the ones that really mattered, Last seasons Grand Final and the 2011 Challenge Cup quarter final.

So yes, Wire have got a team to beat Wigan, but not when it matters..
We've actually beaten them in a league game at Wire in Madge's first season cos we said at the time that we'd broken the hoodoo of the Halliwell Jones stadium :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wire Yed what value did WARRINGTON gain from being treated as a lower grade Roosters XIII acting on behalf of the Roosters. If I was a Wire fan I would find it insulting and degrading to be treated in such a manner when we should be using every minute of TRAINING TIME in our Australia pre season trip to improve and prepare for your own sason not as rubbing rags at the beck and call of your hosts!

Its says a great deal about Tony Smith the man but also the coach because the recurring theme of Brian and Tony was/is they talk a great game, promise so much much BUT NEVER deliver what they promise.

P.S The GF had already turned. If you read / listen to any interview with Wane pre GF he kept saying games v Wire are about how you handle the PURPLE PATCH of the Wire that can blow teams away but never lasts beyond 15-20 minutes. You minimise the damage AND then come back all guns blazing. Lest we forget even when you had that great lead Wigan were bombing chances AND you played the whole game with XIII men on the pitch not the XII it should have been after the cowardly assault by YOUR NOW CO CAPTAIN!!!

Wire need to change their coach. Smith has been there too long!!

captinjack

Post by captinjack »

cpwigan wrote:Wire Yed what value did WARRINGTON gain from being treated as a lower grade Roosters XIII acting on behalf of the Roosters. If I was a Wire fan I would find it insulting and degrading to be treated in such a manner when we should be using every minute of TRAINING TIME in our Australia pre season trip to improve and prepare for your own sason not as rubbing rags at the beck and call of your hosts!

Its says a great deal about Tony Smith the man but also the coach because the recurring theme of Brian and Tony was/is they talk a great game, promise so much much BUT NEVER deliver what they promise.

P.S The GF had already turned. If you read / listen to any interview with Wane pre GF he kept saying games v Wire are about how you handle the PURPLE PATCH of the Wire that can blow teams away but never lasts beyond 15-20 minutes. You minimise the damage AND then come back all guns blazing. Lest we forget even when you had that great lead Wigan were bombing chances AND you played the whole game with XIII men on the pitch not the XII it should have been after the cowardly assault by YOUR NOW CO CAPTAIN!!!

Wire need to change their coach. Smith has been there too long!!
Well said. Cowardly team lead by a bleating Aussie, who is unable coach his team to win when it really matters, and wants to help another, non Superleage, team to do what his can't. The mans a SHYSTER[/b]
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

Wire Yed wrote:
My best friend is a Wigan fan, we give dogs abuse to each other about our teams but the line between banter and idiocy
Cool down Wire Yed it's only banter. See you when we meet you in the GF :)