Veteran Jordan James could win an extended stay at Wigan Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Veteran Jordan James could win an extended stay at Wigan Warriors

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Bryn Hargreaves was average at best and Stains realised that after a couple of seasons!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He was good enough to be voted our best young player and he was at our club at a time when our attention to detail in developing young players was very poor.
TrueBlueWarrior

cpwigan wrote:He was good enough to be voted our best young player and he was at our club at a time when our attention to detail in developing young players was very poor.
Who does he play for now?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:He was good enough to be voted our best young player and he was at our club at a time when our attention to detail in developing young players was very poor.
Quit the game in 2012.
TrueBlueWarrior

Kittwazzer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Quit the game in 2012.
Did he cite SW as the reason?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Who does he play for now?
Quit the game in 2012.
Did he cite SW as the reason?
No; I am not even sure he was coached by Shaun Wane. Lam and Dave Banks (now at Widnes IIRC) were the two coaches. you are grasping at straws me thinks. IIRC, Bryn actually showed a great deal of forewight and after the Bulls started his financial issues he got himself a good job, may have even been in the USA or Canada.
TrueBlueWarrior

CP I think you are clutching at straws suggesting we made a mistake letting Bryn Hargreaves go!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

IIRC, he was excellent for Saints in his first season. You are the one making the point about Wigan letting players go etc. Often young players are not handled correctly by clubs, even Wigan and/or suffer bad luck from an injury or whatever. Luck still plays a large part in determining the fortune of young players. Too much IMO!

I think you want to turn this debate into something it is not. My view remains that James is a sad indicement of British RL if he can come to a leading / the leading SL club and be good enough for SL and that club. We gain nothing from having James play, nor does British RL.
TrueBlueWarrior

cpwigan wrote:IIRC, he was excellent for Saints in his first season. You are the one making the point about Wigan letting players go etc. Often young players are not handled correctly by clubs, even Wigan and/or suffer bad luck from an injury or whatever. Luck still plays a large part in determining the fortune of young players. Too much IMO!

I think you want to turn this debate into something it is not. My view remains that James is a sad indicement of British RL if he can come to a leading / the leading SL club and be good enough for SL and that club. We gain nothing from having James play, nor does British RL.
....and I will stick by my opinion that in recent seasons we have not let any young props go that have come back to haunt us, including Spencer, Hargreaves etc.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Bugger I will play along TBW

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby-league ... s-a-winner
Prop Hargreaves, 24, was cast adrift by Wigan for salary cap reasons in 2006 to accommodate world record buy Stuart Fielden. He had a brief spell on loan at Leigh before St Helens snapped him up on an initial two-year contract.

Now he finds himself surplus to requirements at Saints after the signings of Josh Perry and Louie McCarthy- Scarsbrook for next season.
Very successful stint at Saints
Hargreaves enjoyed an outstanding 2012 and his performances were recognised by a special award from Mick Potter in the end-of-season honours.
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/s ... tirement/

Fans need to read some of his comments about British RL in that last article. Strikes me had more foresight than most of the idiots running the sport.