Best Goal Kicker Ever in Rugby League

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southernpie

Re: Best Goal Kicker Ever in Rugby League

Post by southernpie »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
southernpie wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Sinfield
IMO whenever Botica lined up a kick you expected it to go over didn't matter what the game situation was. IMO Sinfield can and does occasionally miss pressure kicks
I was being mischievous Southern!!
:roll: :roll:
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
menpond

Post by menpond »

Though it grieves me dearly . Len KILLEEN was as accurate as Botica and far longer. Broke our hearts more than once. BESTS
mp
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Daryl Halligan and El Masri
menpond

Post by menpond »

LEN KILLEEN CAME OUT OF THE OLD WHITE Rhodesia and was negative for us,but we gained with Trevor Lake of the same vintage,a fine winger part of the wembley win in 1965. Killeen and the true legend TOM VOLLENHOVEN tormented us in those days,but they were very good players,esp TVVollenhoven. BESTS
mp
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Surprised that nobody has mentioned Lewis Jones, Neil Fox or David Watkins.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I believe Neil Fox was mentioned. My late father told me the best non place kicking he ever saw was v Wigan by Lewis Jones at Central Park.
phild1

Post by phild1 »

BriH wrote:Paul Charlton: Workington and Salford. Held the record for a long time I believe - most goals in a Season?
== phild=Charlton very good fullback and goal kicker.watched him play many times :D
curryman

Post by curryman »

menpond wrote: Though it grieves me dearly . Len KILLEEN was as accurate as Botica and far longer. Broke our hearts more than once. BESTS
Killeen was fantastic, he killed us off on too many occasions to think about, most notably in front of a crowd of 98,000 at Wembley when he scored 1 try and 5 goals in a Stains thrashing in the 1966 Challenge Cup final.

His records are even more impressive when you take into account he was playing in a team that also had Kel Coslett who was also a superb goal kicker who landed 1,639 goals during his career.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

phild1 wrote:
BriH wrote:Paul Charlton: Workington and Salford. Held the record for a long time I believe - most goals in a Season?
== phild=Charlton very good fullback and goal kicker.watched him play many times :D

Watched him too, very fast player.
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Botica best I've seen all he lacked was long distance only kicker I've ever seen booed (jokingly) for missing a conversion , I remember him playing for New Zealand at headingly against GB and commentator asking John Monie was penalty in Boticas range Monie replied no just out, the kick hit the cross bar but that was Monies genius