New things that can be blamed on Wane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Re: New things that can be blamed on Wane

Post by OJ »

Well you say he has been no great debater 'of late' maybe the of late bit is the clue, he's as fed up as some others who come on here. It's a bit like the election debates (they're boring me witless as well) - everyone from the Barking Mad and Braindead party upwards think they can do the top job better whereas the truth is everyone makes mistakes and situations in all walks of life have to be worked round and get resolved in time
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Absolutely spot on premium.couldnt have put it better myself.still think we should of gone for brough pre season.goal kicker and playmaker that just gives us that bit of X factor like Sam Tomkins did
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

OJ wrote:
jobo wrote: used to be a reasonably balanced debating board. Gone much too far the other way for me.
Lot of folk seem to feel the same Jobo, this used to be a good board where you could have friendly banter with other Wigan fans and have differences of opinion without all hell breaking loose, at one time it was much better than rlfans where all the idiots seemed to be firmly entrenched but a combination of a lot of their posters having grown up and the rlfans site in general not standing for any nonsense there has been a total reversal and its sad to see this site going down the pan the way it is. Feel sorry for the mods who seem to work hard keeping things afloat - unlike us they have no choice but to read everything. I'm like you and rarely get involved any more & just drop by from time to time to see if things have improved but reckon it's time to give up too
Exactly my sentiments
jobo

Post by jobo »

sc74 wrote:
superleague wrote:
OJ wrote: Lot of folk seem to feel the same Jobo, this used to be a good board where you could have friendly banter with other Wigan fans and have differences of opinion without all hell breaking loose, at one time it was much better than rlfans where all the idiots seemed to be firmly entrenched but a combination of a lot of their posters having grown up and the rlfans site in general not standing for any nonsense there has been a total reversal and its sad to see this site going down the pan the way it is. Feel sorry for the mods who seem to work hard keeping things afloat - unlike us they have no choice but to read everything. I'm like you and rarely get involved any more & just drop by from time to time to see if things have improved but reckon it's time to give up too
Just because everyone doesn't sing to same hymn sheet doesn't mean this isn't a good forum. I do think there's a fair few people on here who could do with taking their cherry and white tinted glasses off, regarding players, tatics, the coach etc etc it does seem at times if someone as a go at club for something they don't agree with the wigan club can do no wrong brigade Lynch them
And Jobo of late has hardly been a great 'debater'. Short, terse replies to anyone who says anyone about SW. Often wondered if he is SW.
The Wane thing on this forum hasn't really been a debate though.

This is a debate. From the St Helens rlfans forum no less, all about the problems their current coach is facing.
http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=580951

Opinion on here has been polarised, to the point that Wane is constantly verbally abused, called thick, stupid, arrogant etc. That isn't debate.
It's no wonder that some dedicated fans get very angry about it.
I hope you are enjoying your holiday by the way.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Home now, could be a lot worse I guess.
Your view on non-SW fans seems a bit over-protective. No one knows how intelligent he is, as of most people one meets/comes across in life.
How well you carry yourself and apply vocabulary/conversation helps to do that. That's all, people are then entitled to form an opinion.
Personally, I want someone who comes across as more of a thinker than a bawler.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Myself getting wound up by anti Gelling comments :eusa4: :lol:
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote:Myself getting wound up by anti Gelling comments :eusa4: :lol:
If you're blaming for anti gellings comments, I'll blame him for me Anti Mary's comments, No tact at all that woman.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

superleague wrote:
OJ wrote:
jobo wrote: used to be a reasonably balanced debating board. Gone much too far the other way for me.
Lot of folk seem to feel the same Jobo, this used to be a good board where you could have friendly banter with other Wigan fans and have differences of opinion without all hell breaking loose, at one time it was much better than rlfans where all the idiots seemed to be firmly entrenched but a combination of a lot of their posters having grown up and the rlfans site in general not standing for any nonsense there has been a total reversal and its sad to see this site going down the pan the way it is. Feel sorry for the mods who seem to work hard keeping things afloat - unlike us they have no choice but to read everything. I'm like you and rarely get involved any more & just drop by from time to time to see if things have improved but reckon it's time to give up too
Just because everyone doesn't sing to same hymn sheet doesn't mean this isn't a good forum. I do think there's a fair few people on here who could do with taking their cherry and white tinted glasses off, regarding players, tatics, the coach etc etc it does seem at times if someone as a go at club for something they don't agree with the wigan club can do no wrong brigade Lynch them
I have no issue with the doom-sayers or the Cherry glasses clubs. It becomes an issue when the topic changes from been discussed to throwing verbal insults towards each other.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

OJ wrote:
The moment you brought RLfans into the equation your argument hurtled downhill.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:
OJ wrote:
The moment you brought RLfans into the equation your argument hurtled downhill.
How come