To the Company Bible mob?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: To the Company Bible mob?

Post by cpwigan »

medlocke wrote:I'm double Tough
Jelly like Meds? wobble wobble
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
slimshady wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:Just as in life you gain respect, you also lose respect and that is what SW has done IMO.
Failing to put aside his own pig headedness and do what was right for the club.
Selecting players on past glorys and not merit
Constantly embarrassing us in the media
Failing to even blame himself or his tactics when we lose games, it's always the player fault.

It's not all down to SW though, if IL had any sort of backbone he would have pulled SW to one side and read the riot act to him...........and if he has already done this then SW has obviously ignored him and therefore has no respect for IL.

It's like they are all scared of him ..... I wonder why that is :roll:
Come on then tell us the team he should've picked or the tactics he should've employed
Been to a bit of a doo so slightly drunk and won't engage fully, but how many people think SOL should be playing at the mo? How many people said Bowen should have gone but still played on ? How many people believe players are constantly being played out of position ? All down to SW being suborn ! C'mon, do you think he has always played a line up that deservs to play or one that HE wants to play ?
1. SOl - no.
2. Bowen - no, he's finished.
3. Yes players are constantly being played out of position. One injury and we change half the line-up yet we boast that we have the best squad in SL.
4. Some stubbornness, some favouritism, not sure that he knows how to fix the problem.
5. No and no.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I'll take the bait, cp: I back Wane 100%.Why? Because I believe the club's policy is to bring young players through - e.g. George Williams when lots of fans said sign an Aussie stand off. Whenever you do this, expect results to be up and down as the young lads learn on the job.

Madge was a great coach, but had Finch, Hoff, Lima, Richards, Carmont "et al" (as you like to say). Wane has the "toughness" to go with what he believes in, knowing that his job, his reputation and his future depend on it.

Playing Lockers when he's clearly unfit has contributed to 2 poor performances. But how do we get him match fit? Do you think the decision to play him was taken without Lockers having a say? Maybe it was too soon, maybe we've seen the last of SOL, but if he gets back to 80% of his best and wins the GF for us, it will have been worth the humiliation in France.

The fundamental thing about me is that I don't sit at home imagining/wishing I was Wigan's coach or thinking I know better. I know our form all season has been patchy and I had to endure 2 hours of barracking by Leeds fans in my local on Saturday.

In your view I may be a Happy Clapper or Company Bible man as well as not knowing how to debate on this forum. So be it - I'll carry on supporting my team through thick & thin amongst the Yorkshire heathen, and no doubt you'll do the same in your own way in your neck of the woods. Enjoy!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

morley pie eater wrote:I'll take the bait, cp: I back Wane 100%.Why? Because I believe the club's policy is to bring young players through - e.g. George Williams when lots of fans said sign an Aussie stand off. Whenever you do this, expect results to be up and down as the young lads learn on the job.

Madge was a great coach, but had Finch, Hoff, Lima, Richards, Carmont "et al" (as you like to say). Wane has the "toughness" to go with what he believes in, knowing that his job, his reputation and his future depend on it.

Playing Lockers when he's clearly unfit has contributed to 2 poor performances. But how do we get him match fit? Do you think the decision to play him was taken without Lockers having a say? Maybe it was too soon, maybe we've seen the last of SOL, but if he gets back to 80% of his best and wins the GF for us, it will have been worth the humiliation in France.

The fundamental thing about me is that I don't sit at home imagining/wishing I was Wigan's coach or thinking I know better. I know our form all season has been patchy and I had to endure 2 hours of barracking by Leeds fans in my local on Saturday.

In your view I may be a Happy Clapper or Company Bible man as well as not knowing how to debate on this forum. So be it - I'll carry on supporting my team through thick & thin amongst the Yorkshire heathen, and no doubt you'll do the same in your own way in your neck of the woods. Enjoy!
:eusa2: :eusa2:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:PM I will swear on anything precious to me that my criticism of Wane is not personal. I take personal as being some issue between two people. I have never even met Shaun Wane. He might be a very nice person but as an elite first grade coach he is screwing the people I care for so that i why I post what I do. I similarly posted the same re Brian Noble. I spoke to Mick Hogan about Noble and what was happening at the club then. Nothing personal whatsoever. Indeed I have no doubt Wane cares for Wigan but as it stands he is part of whatever is dragging this club down when it should be dominating.

BTW I endorsed / believed in the Wane appointment. I daresay that was personal :roll: I also canvassed on behalf of Kris Rads to both Mick Hogan and IL when he was not even an employee of the club.

I know but a fraction of what Wane Et al know about this sport but I am far from stupid. I saw a kid who was playing stand off, got dropped from Wigan scholarship etc and I said you are a hooker. That kid just starred as interchange hooker for Warrington this week! P.S I am not God :wink:
That's fair enough for me CP, your very passionate about your feelings.
I'll be honest that early on this season I saw nothing in our performances apart from the Broncos game that made me think we had made any steps forward from last season. The rugby was one dimensional, very predictable and not good on the eye either.
I try not to jump out of the blocks too early, got caught out too many times with that as a kid, so thought, let's see where this takes us as a Wigan team.
Slowly we got better as players settled into their changed roles from 2014, Williams in particular, and when the attacking running options started returning (the Wigan coaching staff must have listened to our posts on this site), I started enjoying my Rugby League again.
I thought we didn't get the rub of the green against Rovers in the CC, they got the lions share of the luck on top of their hard work. I also feel that 100% of their effort went into that as a win all game, even with some kidology from the previous 60:0 game which caught Wane out.
Catalans we're at their very best this weekend and could see few teams beating them on their own turf with that level of performance. Todd Carney is starting to tick and it was mentioned on here how good that bloke can be.
Still no excuse for such a high points drubbing though.
I'm on the fence with Shaun Wane at the moment as I can't determine if he has the skills to take us forward. Others on this site have said that they do and that he's not the man. That's fair enough if they feel that way, but I haven't seen that yet.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

However upset/worried we all are by the result against Catalans I think that we have to accept Waney will be our coach at least until the end of the season. Let's hope he can sort things out because I'm always unhappy when there are rumours about rifts/cliques and divisions at the club. I don't like the style of play we've been using for the past couple of seasons but many of us were worried before the Saints and Warrington games too. I'll be there with the rest of you at (what used to be) St James Park on Saturday hoping for a much improved performance. I don't expect to beat Leeds this week (or win any of the next two or three games) but unless we capitulate like we did France there won't be a change in the coaching staff for some time.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

morley pie eater wrote:I'll take the bait, cp: I back Wane 100%.Why? Because I believe the club's policy is to bring young players through - e.g. George Williams when lots of fans said sign an Aussie stand off. Whenever you do this, expect results to be up and down as the young lads learn on the job.

No bait here MPE. Pretty good at match coarse fishing but it suits my analytical mind. To be honest you leave a lot to be desired from what I expected from your son.

Nothing wrong with having a youth policy I endorse it albeit we seem to have become terribly confused recently. George Williams is a genuine talent, I watched him as a young teenager throwing back of the hand passes and it was obvious even then. If we are championing youth please explain why he was dropped v Cats. Equally, please explain why the other most gifted young half back in Britain cannot even get a start in his position even to the point an already injured halfback was preferred v Catalans? Do tell Einstein!

I find it hard to take you serious when you are so factually incorrect it beggars belief. Your not a stupid man but you give a good impression of one. Madge took a failing team and added one player a washed up half back nobody wanted; Deacon. The others you mention came later. If you are going to debate then prepare or prepare to fail.

We have been waiting nearly two seasons for promises, they have been empty. You will even get clueless fans like Slim sating ah but a good game under Wane is far better than under Madge. No shit Sherlock and Holmes! Guess what a good game by Widnes, by Saints in between the incredible lows was far better than Lowe and Monie.

I said a week or two ago when gobshites were saying ah see CPW and co are full of shit look at beating Hull KR by 60 what does know. He's probably just a fat bat steward like Meds. I think you were one of those clamouring and at the time I went on record as saying! Waneball like Widnes under Laughton, like Saints under Murphy produces incredible high but when it matters it breaks down. Has it broken down when it matters? On Cas CC 2014, Hull KR 2015??

What does it matter, what did MEPs son know, MEP knows better. It must be CPW being a fat bar steward and having a personal hatred / issue for a man he has never spoken to. Must have been the same with Noble too! Why did he never criticise Madge, Monie or Lowe????

Are fans now allowed to think, try to understand what they are watching. I am analytical, I was a far better captain at sport than an individual player. I analyse at work, I analyse every past time. Pardon me for enjoying thinking. Sitting in a pub downing pints to piss against the wall is not me. I sit and watch matches rather than drink cats urine from plastic pots and spend half the game pissing it away in the toilets. If you want to be a piss head, great but if I want to think about politics, about sport, about life then screw you chief!I have said it before, your son is ten times the man you are!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Thanks for that, cp.

I don't wish to risk offending or insulting you so I think we'll leave it there.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

If you like fishing CP a 54 lb Wels Catfish was caught in our specimen lake yesterday
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

ddtftf wrote:If you like fishing CP a 54 lb Wels Catfish was caught in our specimen lake yesterday
Desperate to get some fishing done this summer D. A double figure Cat would be too much for me. Still prefer fishing for lots of bites/fish than the beasts. Cut / Canal man at heart.