Re: Wane / Charnley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:Josh has no choice but to produce the goods with Manfredi ready to step in if he does not do so. I cannot help but think several other Wane favourites need to feel similar pressure!
I agree Madge in this first season played in form players or did until he found his best side.

Atm a few can play poorly and get away with it.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Thats true. But hes had the opportunity to keep manfredi out before now and failed.

In this instance i think its good management. Some people choose not to see it.

And im not a wane 'happy clapper' btw. I call situations as i see them.

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

It's difficult to see how some players warrant their starting spot. Mossop, Smith and Tomkins are senior players who have not performed to the required standard this season yet still make the starting 17 week in and week out! They are simply blue-eyed boys.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Adam you may well have a point but I keep looking and thinking why is a winger given so much pressure to do the business when the engine room / heart beat of the team are under no pressure whatsoever. Do you think Joel? Moose? and Matty Smith? start game thinking if I do not play well my position will be taken by another player?

You, we all know if you can turn up for work with no pressure to produce the goods then the likelihood is that company / business is not going to be successful.

One thing I think seriously needs addressing is the expectation that our backs (centres / wings) do such a large (excessive IMO) amount of the donkey work.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

AdamMac wrote:Thats true. But hes had the opportunity to keep manfredi out before now and failed.

In this instance i think its good management. Some people choose not to see it.

And im not a wane 'happy clapper' btw. I call situations as i see them.

Exactly, and healthy for us to have THREE quality wingers in contention for the wing positions.

We should be more concerned more about who will be the third quality one next season.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

I agree CP. They are expected to do far to much work and I think you;re right, smith certainly seems undroppable at the minute.

I think with Smith its more of a reluctance from Wane to play to young half backs together, not sure that's the right reason not to drop Smith but I think its the one he's working too.

We aren't a very vocal team, but smith seems to be the one who you can see verbally shouting the orders more often than not.

FWIW I'm getting tired of the way we use/do not use our forwards. And its the main reason why we aren't winning away from home.