Rugby Union World Cup: Is English rugby union just for posh kids?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
josie andrews

Re: Rugby Union World Cup: Is English rugby union just for posh kids?

Post by josie andrews »

Slim Jim wrote:No
A very succinct reply :wink: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Smokie Jim

Re: Rugby Union World Cup: Is English rugby union just for posh kids?

Post by Smokie Jim »

Indeed
cpwigan

Re: Rugby Union World Cup: Is English rugby union just for posh...

Post by cpwigan »

I was fortunate to know Owen when he left SJF / Wigan. There was no great master plan to the best of my knowledge and the only plan of any kind was for Owen to return to play for Pats. He did so very briefly but he then settled down Sarf!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:I was fortunate to know Owen when he left SJF / Wigan. There was no great master plan to the best of my knowledge and the only plan of any kind was for Owen to return to play for Pats. He did so very briefly but he then settled down Sarf!
Only because he persuaded to!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I was fortunate to know Owen when he left SJF / Wigan. There was no great master plan to the best of my knowledge and the only plan of any kind was for Owen to return to play for Pats. He did so very briefly but he then settled down Sarf!
Only because he persuaded to!
Explain, your sentence is vague and poorly constructed.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

30 minutes? I only got to 6 all & then England got a penalty at the scrum!

I asked Stephen, who used to play for Orrell RU years & years ago about Wales being penalised earlier for a player putting his hands on the floor & not holding his body weight up! What sort of rule is that? How do you hold your body up without touching the floor in the scrummage if that's what it's called.

He replied, "I didn't know the rules when I played & they're all different now"!

That was me goin in the bedroom watching Netflix & leaving Stephen to it :lol:

It just goes to show that RU is more a game for the players whereas RL is more for the spectators IMO :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:30 minutes? I only got to 6 all & then England got a penalty at the scrum!

I asked Stephen, who used to play for Orrell RU years & years ago about Wales being penalised earlier for a player putting his hands on the floor & not holding his body weight up! What sort of rule is that? How do you hold your body up without touching the floor in the scrummage if that's what it's called.

He replied, "I didn't know the rules when I played & they're all different now"!

That was me goin in the bedroom watching Netflix & leaving Stephen to it :lol:

It just goes to show that RU is more a game for the players whereas RL is more for the spectators IMO :wink:
It also shows that very few of the big crowds know sod all about the game and the rules, especially those on free tickets which are plentiful in Union to blue chip companies and private schools.

More of a social occasion for many and a holiday in the UK for some!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Only because he was persuaded to!
Explain, your sentence is vague and poorly constructed.
Happy now?

robbobillinge

Post by robbobillinge »

Didn't watch the game but 15 penalties ffs. At 2 minutes per penalty thats nearly 40% of the game. God what a bore!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

robbobillinge wrote:Didn't watch the game but 15 penalties ffs. At 2 minutes per penalty thats nearly 40% of the game. God what a bore!
I just use it to help me fall to sleep.