Gelling sacked/suspended

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
markill

Re: Gelling sacked/suspended

Post by markill »

josie andrews wrote:His form suffered after the hamstring injury at Wakefield IIRC
yeah, he was out for weeks and then came back in and was being switched from side to side to help make up the team after Sarg also getting injured. Then missed another game or two because of a knock. then got put on the bench, then dropped. he just hasn't had a good run of it after the injury. he'll come back fine and ready to play next year I'm sure. publicly, the club have been very positive/supportive about him and he just signed up for a uni course so I guess that's more reason for him to perform and stay local to get that done too.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
superleague

Post by superleague »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
superleague wrote:
DaveO wrote: If anyone else had suggested Gelling was a shoe in for dream team selection I would have thought they were trolling.

He simply hasn't got the brains to be a top player.
Completely agree
Neither have some supporters on the ability of players, especially on this website at times!
Oh sorry we should all bow to your superior knowledge, it's a forum, different opinions get over yourself WW
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

superleague wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
superleague wrote: Completely agree
Neither have some supporters on the ability of players, especially on this website at times!
Oh sorry we should all bow to your superior knowledge, it's a forum, different opinions get over yourself WW
Not superior knowledge, just fed up of reading your negativity on all things Warriors!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

WW, stop having a go at posters and create threads / posts about other subjects.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:WW, stop having a go at posters and create threads / posts about other subjects.
What, like you always try to belittle other posters if they dare to have the cheek to disagree with your opinions like for example saying they don't understand or even on occasions resorting to calling others personal names.

Maybe, it was a go at you, but come on, you have got to admit that it is getting boring!

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Obviously Gelling has not been sacked BUT every post is directed at posters rather than subjects BY YOU!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

George Carmont made his pro debut for Newcastle Knights aged 26.

Anthony Gelling turns 25 in a week or so and already has 50+ first team games.

Wigan picked him up from a building site as a site labourer playing amateur/semi pro rugby IIRC.

He has some natural ability that can not be coached, he has speed and power, he does have some magic too him with his little kicks and offloads.

He does however lack experience and lack rugby league intelligence and does a lot of stupid stuff.

The things that are wrong with Gelling at present can be coached out and will hopefully as he develops.

I personally want him to a be a success as he is entertaining but needs to control his brain farts.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Which just highlights the demise of the 'A' team system
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

nathan_rugby wrote:George Carmont made his pro debut for Newcastle Knights aged 26.

Anthony Gelling turns 25 in a week or so and already has 50+ first team games.

Wigan picked him up from a building site as a site labourer playing amateur/semi pro rugby IIRC.

He has some natural ability that can not be coached, he has speed and power, he does have some magic too him with his little kicks and offloads.

He does however lack experience and lack rugby league intelligence and does a lot of stupid stuff.

The things that are wrong with Gelling at present can be coached out and will hopefully as he develops.

I personally want him to a be a success as he is entertaining but needs to control his brain farts.
Coached out while he plays in the first team as first choice centre?

If you are going to compare him to Carmont you have to ask the question was Carmont making the same sort of daft mistakes when he started at the top flight as Gelling. I have no idea if he was or not but I have my doubts any NRL side would have persisted with "a Gelling" at that age if he had been.

At 25 I'd expect someone that age who is first choice centre to be the finished article. Not a project.

If the argument is we have no option but to play him as first choice because we don't have an A team then I don't think that is right. We have to the option to look for a better player in this key position.

Poor centre play along with poor goalkicking have been an issues that have dragged on all season and as I mentioned in another thread Wane has only recently addressed this by having Bateman and Gildart in the centres and Bowen kicking.

The fact it may be too soon for Gildart just highlights the problems we have had all season.

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Gelling started last year's grand final and along with the yards he and Sarge made ment we stayed in the game when at such a large disadvantage. He was before injury in top form and I would not have swapped him for many other SL centres. I agree with Nathan some of the things he does can be coached out he has the skill size power and I don't doubt the brainpower to be a top class player for us.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!