Who should Wigan sign?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Who should Wigan sign?

Post by Panchitta Marra »

SJ wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:There were rumours a couple of weeks ago from a Cas fan saying we'd signed Justin Carney for 2017 after his loan at Salford was finished.
A back five of Tomkins, Manfredi, Gelling, Gildart & Carney looks pretty strong to me.

If I was after anyone in SL it would be Terry Campese. Bring him in as player/asst coach so he could tutor our half backs in the finer points of play.
Campese is a quality player at the back end of his career and coaching in the future will have occured to him by now.
Where better to end your playing career with continuity into coaching than at Wigan?
Like the suggestion of Campase Ted
I got it from a very good source that campese was on wigans radar and was about to be signed until the conformation that Sam was coming back. The moment Sam signed for Wigan was the time campese extended his contract with KR.
Campese and Williams, would be interesting to see, I quite like the idea of that. An organiser, kicker with good hands and the darting fast play of another, could be what Wigan needs.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Which applies to Gildart. Agree with Mark 100%
Which sort of renders your thread useless CP

Why sign anyone at all if all we need to do is simply promote juniors and see how they go?
The club has a youth policy and that is fine / great BUt equally you accept none are perfect and you have to make signings too; Flower and Clubb for example.
I know that CP is was being cheeky with you :)

At what point though, do you decide we need experience within the side at the expense of promoting a junior who might have talent but no or little first grade action?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

So much depends on the quality of both your young and older players BUT particularly your older ones.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Castleford have a young lad in the halves who looks half-decent with plenty of potential.

Think he was playing number 18...
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

yokozuna wrote:Castleford have a young lad in the halves who looks half-decent with plenty of potential.

Think he was playing number 18...
Seems he doesn't fit in with wanes requirement to train harder rather than displaying natural talent.
Thought Hampshire had a decent run out for Cas v Leeds, but fear he'll be pushed out of the halves when Roberts returns.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

As long as Bob Beswick does not get near a Wigan shirt again, we are moving forward.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I was hoping for a good performance from Hampshire against Leeds, but he was largely anonymous. Shame really as that was probably one of his last chances at Cas in the halves unless injury intervenes again.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Realistically :cool:

Tom Johnstone IMO
Scored a brilliant try against the Giants.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

I'd lose Mossop and bring in Alex Gerrard from Widnes.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Thomas Bosc as a centre?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure