Castleford tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Castleford tonight

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Don't worry about the 2 knock ons before the try it wasn't a big game!! :wink: :lol:
Cas's second try was a farce! IMO Knocked forward then a knock on!!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

This is somewhat second-hand because I listened to the game on Wish FM (who were excellent now that Joe Mills is back) but they constantly noted that Smith was receiving slow passes from Powell around his knees which made life difficult for him. Interesting that one of the first tactical kicks came from Gregson and that seemed to take some pressure off of Smith because Cas couldn't automatically assume that he would be the kicker. Nice if SW noted that or even, better, instigated it.

Amazed and very pleased that the team could come back as well as they did which makes the Wakey game even more baffling.
Suspect Bateman may get a run in the centres now. I'm sure Higginson will come good but he has looked overwhelmed in the last couple of matches.

A great way to start a weekend.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Don't worry about the 2 knock ons before the try it wasn't a big game!! :wink: :lol:
Cas's second try was a farce! IMO Knocked forward then a knock on!!!!
Agreed!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ours were not exactly without doubt either. I would have disallowed the one from the Mossop pass. It matters not, the result will be there on Monday.
TrueBlueWarrior

cpwigan wrote:Ours were not exactly without doubt either. I would have disallowed the one from the Mossop pass. It matters not, the result will be there on Monday.
Same old story though, in the speed and moment of the game forward passes are difficult to call and cannot be referred to VR, knock ons can!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Possibly TB. I have to say not one try from either team made me think WOW, amazing. 99% were not created by a great passing movement or an amazing run from 40 yards + Several from kicks and/or embarrassing defence. Both teams looked sluggish, very slow agility wise and Cas have no excuse.
TrueBlueWarrior

cpwigan wrote:Possibly TB. I have to say not one try from either team made me think WOW, amazing. 99% were not created by a great passing movement or an amazing run from 40 yards + Several from kicks and/or embarrassing defence. Both teams looked sluggish, very slow agility wise and Cas have no excuse.
With us having Lockers, Williams, Farrell, Gelling, Sam, Manfredi and MM missing I am hoping our creativity will improve over the weeks!

Cas had Dorn and Roberts missing which impact on their creativity I would have thought!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Yeah the ref was clearly biased against us. What with sin binning one of our players for dissent. How often do you see that? Only against Wigan. There's a secret directive to make sure we lose every game. No wonder we're bottom of the league. :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Ours were not exactly without doubt either. I would have disallowed the one from the Mossop pass. It matters not, the result will be there on Monday.
Same old story though, in the speed and moment of the game forward passes are difficult to call and cannot be referred to VR, knock ons can!!
I doubt anything was referred to the video ref last night.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
ian b

Post by ian b »

I do like Smith because he runs his blood to water and really wears his heart on his sleeve for his club. But when I watch different halfbacks you know he doesn't possess the skill levels to open up defences no matter how well the forwards are playing. I am not disrespecting him it's just what I see