Mayor of London

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Mayor of London

Post by Wandering Warrior »

There is some fact in his flippant comment though.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

There is only opinion in the comment.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wandering Warrior

I trust you are aware of the Christian advertisement and the fear of offence?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: To be fair Jim I did think he would get beat, however he boxed well before the knock out and showed he is without doubt a good boxer. His chin is still his biggest issue and something that you can't improve, the fact Canelo is clearly a bigger man it was only going to take one good punch and what a punch it was by a very good fighter. Just goes to show how good Mayweather is, love him or hate him.

Khan went up 2 weight division brave yes but a bit dumb though.
I think it was actually very clever from Khan. His stock was falling due to inactivity and chasing super fights with pac-man and PBF that were never realistically going to materialise.

He knew if he fought Brook or Garcia and lost that would pretty much be it for him. He took this fight and it's done a lot for his stock value as Canelo is a big name, so he's got a big pay day in a fight no-one expected him to him and by not winning hasn't lost any of his marketability but is now in the frame again.

It was actually (barring him winning) the best result he could of hoped for, if he lost on points it would of been a bigger blow but being knocked out by a much bigger guy was bound to happen.

He's now free to cash in on a big fight at his own weight because his name is back in the front of people's mind
I agree I am in the USA ATM waiting flight home and the fight was good for both boxers reputation.
Wigan_forever1985

Wandering Warrior wrote:I trust you are aware of the Christian advertisement and the fear of offence?
I think most the "offence" comes from people speaking on behalf of others. There's a lot of reports that do no favours to ethic minorities that a lot of the time aren't their views, it tends to be councils/schools/NHS who make decisions based on what they think may offend rather than feedback from communities.

That's just my opinion facts in this area are hard to come by
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wandering Warrior

To be honest religion doesn't sit with me, might as well be Alice In Wonderland!! It's the biggest evil man ever invented!!!
Wigan_forever1985

Totally agree I believe religion was simply a tool for the weak to control the strong back in the day and it was needed to set up a basic construct of rules for society but has since lost its need or worth in the world

What I would say is there is a lot of mis-information out there and I hear many opinions straight from red-top newspapers that is nothing short of bias propaganda.

In my experience the only people who have been offended by things tend to be white people speaking on behalf of ethic minorities - there is a culture of offence and I think Steven Fry said lately that the Internet is just full of people waiting to be offended by things.

I can only go off my life experience and I've been friends with plenty of Muslims and other religions and never once have I come across any that meet the descriptions some would have you believe of a Borg like race determined on world domination

In fact I used to work with a Muslim who was incredibly devout and we had a great laugh ripping each other, me about his religion and him about my heathen ways. He would always take the time to explain why in his culture and I learnt a lot from him

In life I think it boils down to a simple statement

Some people are nice, some people our d**ks - it doesn't matter what colour your skin is or god you follow that's the end of the story, you're either a good person or a bad person and they exist in all walks of life.

I do wonder how the people (and I'm not accusing anyone here) who think that it is ok to lump Muslims in with ISIS though would feel if they were treated the same way about and blamed for hitlers wrong doings
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: Totally agree I believe religion was simply a tool for the weak to control the strong back in the day and it was needed to set up a basic construct of rules for society but has since lost its need or worth in the world

What I would say is there is a lot of mis-information out there and I hear many opinions straight from red-top newspapers that is nothing short of bias propaganda.

In my experience the only people who have been offended by things tend to be white people speaking on behalf of ethic minorities - there is a culture of offence and I think Steven Fry said lately that the Internet is just full of people waiting to be offended by things.

I can only go off my life experience and I've been friends with plenty of Muslims and other religions and never once have I come across any that meet the descriptions some would have you believe of a Borg like race determined on world domination

In fact I used to work with a Muslim who was incredibly devout and we had a great laugh ripping each other, me about his religion and him about my heathen ways. He would always take the time to explain why in his culture and I learnt a lot from him

In life I think it boils down to a simple statement

Some people are nice, some people our d**ks - it doesn't matter what colour your skin is or god you follow that's the end of the story, you're either a good person or a bad person and they exist in all walks of life.

I do wonder how the people (and I'm not accusing anyone here) who think that it is ok to lump Muslims in with ISIS though would feel if they were treated the same way about and blamed for hitlers wrong doings
Good Post :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
SJ

Post by SJ »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I trust you are aware of the Christian advertisement and the fear of offence?
Fear of offence seems to be being used by some who wish to undermine someone or some groups they don't approve of the Whelan incident published by the Daily Mail reporter MrLawton re allegations of racially insulting Jews and subsequently Chinese people comes to mind. It appears people have powers that religion informs us only the Almighty has eg God said let there be light and ipso facto there was light
Similarly people can allege they have been insulted and ipso facto they have been insulted irrespective as to the facts of the matter. I find this insidious and it's becoming de rigeuer
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

thegimble wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Khan went up 2 weight division brave yes but a bit dumb though.
I think it was actually very clever from Khan. His stock was falling due to inactivity and chasing super fights with pac-man and PBF that were never realistically going to materialise.

He knew if he fought Brook or Garcia and lost that would pretty much be it for him. He took this fight and it's done a lot for his stock value as Canelo is a big name, so he's got a big pay day in a fight no-one expected him to him and by not winning hasn't lost any of his marketability but is now in the frame again.

It was actually (barring him winning) the best result he could of hoped for, if he lost on points it would of been a bigger blow but being knocked out by a much bigger guy was bound to happen.

He's now free to cash in on a big fight at his own weight because his name is back in the front of people's mind
I agree I am in the USA ATM waiting flight home and the fight was good for both boxers reputation.
Groves took a similar strength punch from Froch and right on the button too. Groves size, strength and fitness allowed him to start recovering within 20 seconds of being knocked out. Poor Khan having to step up 2 weight divisions has no such chance, plus his weaker jaw gave him little to no chance of winning the fight.
Where does Amir Khan go from here?