Re: Disciplinary?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Mike wrote:If something happened what on earth could the club say - "we confirm there was an incident and we are investigating..."

Would that stop rumours or add to them?

However if there wasn't an incident then they could say there wasn't. But then theyd have to every time someone started a semi plausible rumour because of they didn't we'd all assume it was true.

It's a tricky situation communication wise.
Thanks Mike, I agree with what your saying and it is a tricky situation.
Sites like "Love Rugby League" are now on the band wagon by saying that a Wigan player may now be punished by the club.
Is this just a stab in the dark from them or are they aware of something being said by the club.
markill

Post by markill »

Having the club said they're investigating an incident that might involve disciplinary action to a player. That's all the 'news' outlets like live rugby league are restating.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

I guess we all kind of know what players are involved and big problem is what do we want club to do? Personally i would just fine the player or players and do a bit of commounity service and even make a apology to fans whether its on wigan tv or? I dont think sacking them is the answer as we certainly dont want lose top players to our rivals like saints, wire or even leeds. Afterall leeds didnt sack hardaker.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Panchitta Marra

markill wrote:Having the club said they're investigating an incident that might involve disciplinary action to a player. That's all the 'news' outlets like live rugby league are restating.
Could be like the Carney and Ferres incidents where the rumours kept on going and was months before any official statement was made by either club regarding the action they were taking. Guess we could be in limbo for weeks if not months.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

If it is an lnternal incident it should be dealt with internally,and I am quite sure it will be.Rest assured every team has people who do not like each other,it has to do with being human.
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

eccywarrior wrote:I guess we all kind of know what players are involved and big problem is what do we want club to do? Personally i would just fine the player or players and do a bit of commounity service and even make a apology to fans whether its on wigan tv or? I dont think sacking them is the answer as we certainly dont want lose top players to our rivals like saints, wire or even leeds. Afterall leeds didnt sack hardaker.
I dont know who the players are involved, allegedly :(
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Heard a rumour that the 'bottle' incident has been blown out of proportion and instead of being used as a weapon has been head butted in a drunken show of machoness.
Up The Mont!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

michael inch stoke wrote:
eccywarrior wrote:I guess we all kind of know what players are involved and big problem is what do we want club to do? Personally i would just fine the player or players and do a bit of commounity service and even make a apology to fans whether its on wigan tv or? I dont think sacking them is the answer as we certainly dont want lose top players to our rivals like saints, wire or even leeds. Afterall leeds didnt sack hardaker.
I dont know who the players are involved, allegedly :(
Neither do I! It's all speculation :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Panchitta Marra

If it as serious as some sites/people have been suggesting surely there would have been strong evidence with pending police prosecution. It's been kept pretty quiet if the police have been involved.
Usually someone has photographic evidence posted on YouTube or other sharing media.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Im all for abit of team bonding but mid way through an injury ravaged season is going out on the pop really the way a professional sportsman,in this age of social media should behave?

Im not so sure.