latest bateman rumour

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Owd Codger

Re: latest bateman rumour

Post by Owd Codger »

fozzieskem wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:I am told that the League Express will be reporting that he is suspended for a month.
That was on facebook friday night so its hardly a "hold the front page" type expose is it?
Exactly, on Facebook

No doubt also on many a twitter.

But that's life for many today!

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey wrote:DaveO I would take this as: If the Police have concluded their investigation and found insufficient evidence to proceed any further, then Wigan are simply imposing their own disciplinary procedure upon Bateman.

How serious the incident was will have all ready been revealed if the Police are not taking things further, so surely this is a mountain out of a molehill??
I'd hope so. If the police have no interest in pressing charges what are Wigan so upset about? Something doesn't add up.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

JUKESAYS wrote:
DaveO wrote:
yokozuna wrote: Think he's saying that there's no further police investigation, due to no charges, and I assume, no additional evidence. So it's just a club matter now.
If there are no charges from the police they either have no evidence of a serious offence or the evidence they do have is for something not worth taking further.

The police will act on any evidence according to what evidence they have, such as letting off with a caution or if there is evidence of a serious offence pressing charges.

If the police have dropped the case because it wasn't a serious offence or have insufficient evidence of a more serious offence, how come Wigan think they know better?

If the police say "no case to answer" and Wigan say there is, why don't Wigan hand the evidence over to the police?
Dave
Honestly?

Those last 2 paragraphs?
I know your replying to someone who's saying police have concluded and no person pressing charges but to have a pop at the club based on hearsay?
I haven't seen anything to suggest that the police have concluded their enquiries has anyone else?
That was the contention of the post I was replying to. I was pointing out the inconsistency of this. I have not seen anything to say the investigation was concluded either.

My post was not having a pop at the club as such but the suggestion the police have finished with this yet the club are treating it as a very serious matter. That doesn't add up.

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

DaveO wrote:
butt monkey wrote:DaveO I would take this as: If the Police have concluded their investigation and found insufficient evidence to proceed any further, then Wigan are simply imposing their own disciplinary procedure upon Bateman.

How serious the incident was will have all ready been revealed if the Police are not taking things further, so surely this is a mountain out of a molehill??
I'd hope so. If the police have no interest in pressing charges what are Wigan so upset about? Something doesn't add up.
I know the police can progress with pressing charges irrespective of any party dropping or not raising charges, and it has been mentioned by people that neither rumoured player is pressing charges against the other, maybe this is sealing the outcome of the police investigation.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

The Police always have a number of options available to them and each individual investigation will be looked at on its own merits. The big "if" for me is that it's alleged to have happened in a public place which means that a whole bunch of offences open up regardless of whether there's a complainant or not. Drunk and Disorderly, Section 5,4a, 4 and possibly 3 of the Public order Act could apply too.
Then again, the Police could choose to use their discretion and not charge with any offences. There could be conditional cautions, there could be a fixed penalty ticket (which can now be issued for minor offences) or, if it's appropriate, do nothing. There could be many different outcomes.
But one thing's for sure, the Police will deal with whatever happened however they see fit and so will the club. And only they actually know what went on.
I'm sure we will find out in due course but it's all speculation to be honest.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

It's all bollocks IMO.
What's the point of getting drunk if you can't be disorderly?
Waste of money for me!
Panchitta Marra

Kittwazzer wrote:It's all bollocks IMO.
What's the point of getting drunk if you can't be disorderly?
Waste of money for me!
I'd rather have a good belly laugh when drunk Kitt, scraps are better suited for me on a canvas surrounded by ropes in a controlled environment.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote:

I know the police can progress with pressing charges irrespective of any party dropping or not raising charges, and it has been mentioned by people that neither rumoured player is pressing charges against the other, maybe this is sealing the outcome of the police investigation.
All this talk of charges not being pressed prooves one thing to me people whaych far too many CSI type shows.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Just wondering how many people on here are actually coppers, solicitors, judges, probation officers, criminals, ex criminals, or is it as i suspect know it alls quoting from Google and Wiki :eusa16:
Panchitta Marra

fozzieskem wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote: I'd hope so. If the police have no interest in pressing charges what are Wigan so upset about? Something doesn't add up.
All this talk of charges not being pressed prooves one thing to me people whaych far too many CSI type shows.
Can't stand any of the CSI's, too much American crap on TV.