What changes do we need to make for the semi-final?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: What changes do we need to make for the semi-final?

Post by cpwigan »

He could be either Booze but probably a 7.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

A seven for me too. The lad needs the ball in his hands far more often especially when we are in the oppositions 20. His running game frightens forwards to death. Smith's attacking game bores me to death :D
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Williams would be a better player at Scrum Half with a top class experienced play maker Stand off alongside him.

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Williams would be a better player at Scrum Half with a top class experienced play maker Stand off alongside him.
Now WW, are you suggesting that Matty Smith needs to be replaced?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Nothing will change PM. Wane believes 100% that he is right and that any defeats are down to the players not him. As I said the tactcs require the playerts to be night on perfect otherwise a 50/50 or 60/40 game v a good team equates to defeat. Wane will never change his tactics because in his head they are perfect. Frequently, the players slog their guts out in defence to the point they are so fatgued that the attack bresks down or errors occu.

I cannot understand anybody not recognising the talent/ability of George Williams BTW. It is just a shame he plays alongside Matty Smith. Imagin even with Sneyd at 7 or better still Gidley or Sandow.
How do you see Saturdays game going CP,are we on a hiding to nothing, or do you think we can change things to improve.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do not think we will change anything PM. people have to remember as far as Wane is concerned that if the players play as he wants them to, they cannot be beaten. Any defeat is down to the players not executing well enough.

Personally, I think the opposite and that the playerswin in spite of Wane and lose due to Wane. Hull are a very good team but they are far from unbeatable. He will not get the plaudits but I believe Ellis is the heart of Hull alongside the hooker. If we complete incredibly high, enjoy very good possession and field position we are more than capable of winning. I a 50/50 even 60/40 in our favour match you have to favour Hull but it will not be for lack of effort that Wigan lose. No team IMO puts more effort in than the Wigan team but often they use crazt amounrts of energy defending. Match officials do not help Wigan but it is pointless worrying about that but if anybody watches the first 40 v Saints, there were some 'amaazing errors' in favour of Saints by Benthamto the point they started getting possession and field position without having to earn it whereas Wigan were slogging theit guts out to the point they then started making mistakes and v half decent teams the scoreboard will always favour the opposition. It could easily happen exactly the same in the semi.I am not sure the RFL would be happy if Wigan won v Hull.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Panchitta Marra wrote: How do you see Saturdays game going CP,are we on a hiding to nothing, or do you think we can change things to improve.
With us playing on FRIDAY, I'm not particularly interested in SATURDAY'S game :wink: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I hope Whelley forgives me Josie
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Williams would be a better player at Scrum Half with a top class experienced play maker Stand off alongside him.
Now WW, are you suggesting that Matty Smith needs to be replaced?
No, like I have said before, I do not think that with the emergence of Williams who is a Scrum Half, I am saying that he should never have been given a four year contract in 2014.

As a result, we have two Scrum Half's in the team while a young Stand Off in Hampshire is sent on loan to Castleford.

If the club do not see Hampshire as the partner to Williams, then they should have looked for good top class play maker Stand Off at the time that Green left and only given Smith a smaller contract.

Yes, I do think Smith should now be replaced so that Williams can play in his proper position of Scrum Half!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:I hope Whelley forgives me Josie
?