Message to Ian Lenagan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Message to Ian Lenagan

Post by DaveO »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Wane, who has taken over following Michael Maguire’s departure, has also been pleased with the way things have gone on a personal level after making the transition from No.2 to top dog.

“The main change is that obviously I’m in control now and we do exactly what I want – and that’s great as far as I’m concerned,” he added.

“It was always tough for me doing what Madge wanted to do for the last couple of years, even though he let me do a bit of the planning.
Wednesday 23 November 2011

How do you find the time to make numerous comments on all things Wigan Warriors, the game in general, trawl many internet sites, post newspaper articles etc.

Especially when working with a young family to support.

Anyone would think you employed by Wigan Warriors Fans website to keep the interest going!

A bit like the 'gwim weaper' used to do on Wigan World!

He was also sarcastic as well with anyone who stood up to him.
Why is it any of your business how CPW spends his time? Why are you derailing the thread and making personal remarks which is against the acceptable use policy of this forum?

Until you turned up people were having a sensible discussion without anyone making such asinine remarks as you do above.

If you carry on in this vein don't expect to see your posts remain on here. I am sure CPW can look after himself but a slanging match between you and him is going to spoil it for the other users so give it a rest.
BriH

Post by BriH »

WiganPom wrote:I'm only an arm chair fan these days as I live in Oz and only get to see us on Fox Sports and Wigan TV. I used to get up and watches every time we were on live but I have lost all enthusiasm with the team/club. It's admirable that we managed to stay as high as we have in the league and go as far as we have in the cup considering we have been heavily down on numbers due to injury and suspension this season. The style of footy we have played has been awful. I watch my Mrs little lad play under 8s and they play better attacking footy than Wigan do. I was back over for the Cas game in April and it's not the same as when I left in 2013. If I still had a season ticket I would be questioning renewing it. I've been in the anti-Wayne camp for a long time. He seems like a great bloke and the kind of guy you could sit in the pub with listening to his stories but I don't think he should be in a high profile coaching role such as Wigan. It reminds me of Noble, heart in the right place but taken the team club as far as they could and now starting to go backwards. Thanks for the memories Wayney but it's time to get an Aussie back to the club and bring some fresh ideas to the team. Madge and Trent Robinson are not realistic options as they would want to be back in the NRL and would jump ship at the first opportunity.
Good analysis.

I've never been a Wane basher, but I think we have got to stage we were at in Brian Noble's final season.
17 players but not a team.
MM took charge of the same set of players that BN had and galvanized them.
I think Ian L has to do something soon; change of Coach and invest in some class players i.e. replace Matty Smith.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

As I said on the other thread, I think it's time for a change.

I don't dislike Wane, I think he holds the best intentions. There is no doubt that he has the ability to "raise" the game of players and I have no doubt about the players loyalty and willingness to play for him.

However, I don't think he has the tactical ability.

A great #2 but not a head coach.

4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

The facts are below.They are neither deluded or looking through rose coulored specs.Ther facts and in my opinion correct.They are my take on how we sit over last season and a half.How long shall we go back.Back to the days when wee won c cup after c cup.We arent the only pro side now fellas.This season i have never seen tighter games and much prefare that to years of the same old stuff.Nice for us wiganers i know,but it is the very reason we are almost loathed by every other RL side out ther.I am no keyboard bully or disrespect full of anyone who has an opinion.Neither am i looking for a fight/argument.I prefare to have a constructive,positive take.Rather than throw the Baby out with the Bath water.
As for appointing Aussie coach over wane.I would rather burn my shirt.Makes me so proud we have a predominante wigan team.Which is run in the main by Wiganers as Staff.BTW,im just a long suffering 100% Wigan fan.Not a paid hitman or blogger i think they call um.

Look at our Stable atm.No real creative options at all.4 subs/exchange players last evening.All Forwards.
Look at our stable with a fit/available squad to choose from.We are two or three players away from being full strength.Then another 3 or four players away from being as good as anyone out ther.

"4 Generations" wrote:
My message would be to Mr Lenagan.
Last year we bombed out the challenge cup early [poor show] .We also had the league title nicked in the last seconds [broughs fault] .In the Grand Final we also just missed .If last season was a top class horse race we ran,,,,Badly,Photo finish 2nd,and a close 2nd. Loosing to a Treble winning horse twice.

This year so far

A Close Semi in the challenge cup and we go out [better than last year regardless of injurys.currently 3rd in the league title chase and have been,2nd & top some weeks,still in with a great shout,some fitness worries/disaplin,but players are slowly getting back.looking at the grand final fixtures we are also in with a great shout.hull with have one eye on wembley now.everyone fancies warrington to be the same[come on wakefield] .

Everything to play for and finish better than last season. Inspite of everything on and off the field.Constantly between 7-10 first team players out and we are ther or ther abouts.

To the Leeds chief Mr Hetherington

Sack that trebble winning idiot,he cant possibly be any good. looking at your current position in all 3 trophys.Looses 3 or 4 player and its all gone pear......Shoot The Horse....

I DONT THINK SO.Do You.

4G
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Wane has taken this team as far as he can. Without a Harris or Deacon to steer the backs around, we're led by a prop who understands what it is to be a prop. There is so much more to rugby league than that. I'd settle for keeping Wane as the leader and the man who looked after the defence but we need a tactician desperately who is left alone to look after how we play with the ball in hand.
The problem is, who would we want as an attack coach who wouldn't warrant a head coaching job?
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Get rid of Mossop and bring in Ben Hannant
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well watching the Wire semi final if anyone thinks we will have an attack as good as that when Gelling, Faz, Clubb and MM are back I think you need to think again.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Folks Wane took the team as far as he could winning the double. The longer he remained in charge the more the club ubderachieves and goes backwards. Interestingly, the Academy/Reserves team do not look wonderful following the Wane coaching plan either.

IL will not take action BTW.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Coaches are judged on results and so they should be!! For nearly 3 years now our results when it matters have not been good enough! Wane needs replacing asap!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

He needs to go asap for me.
New coach can then see our faults and totally change our attacking system next season.
Tierney and Sarge driving the ball out is just poor tactics
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE