Wigan v Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Wigan v Saints

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Very fair post cp regarding the game agree with pretty much everything!

As for morley I just think he is a passionate fan that enjoyed tonight's win more than some other posters which he is entitled to!

As much as some posters are rose tinted other posters for me are equally blinkered and very rarely if at all positive, I guess it's down to personalities really but suppose it's what a forum is all about!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

At the end of day TB we beat Saints and we should all enjoy that. I did not enjoy ther previous game v them one bit.

Do I think we are the best team in SL, no. Will they make it to OT, probably not but if we do I will be there if only to get a tick on Whelley Warrior's register :wink:
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

TBW. I understood your point. My frustration is at others.

CPW, I'm loathe to dignify your comments with a reply. Just to point out that in no way were any of my posts a personal attack on anyone. Yours? :eusa:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Hello,someone found the attacking plan. Must have had some dust on it as we had a bit of a problem implementing it but by god it was nice to watch. Defence,awesome. Stains could have played until next Friday and not scored. Yes ,we dropped the ball a lot,so did they. A lot of dew on the ground early tonight and the rain earlier could have accounted for some of that. Yes the players are pro's but a wet ball at any level is a challenge. With Gells you will always get good and bad in a game,that's why he's such fun to watch. Brilliant result,fabulous defence,a much better attack than we've seen all season but with plenty to work on in next 2 weeks. Did you see Mattys celebration after his FIRST conversion? Pumped up,think he was trying to say something?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

morley pie eater wrote:
superleague wrote:Always great beating the stains but let's not get ahead of ourselves we where still poor with ball in hand, lots of errors. That performance isn't going to worry an inform hull or wire unfortunately
Sorry, SL, but remind us which game you were at?
I saw a superb defence that never gave em a sniff at scoring despite great pressure & numerous drop-outs. A disciplined performance too, few penalties given, and 4 great tries against the current form team of the comp.

"poor with ball in hand, lots of errors." I find that nothing short of an insult to a great team performance and a demonstration of total blinkered prejudice to back up your pre-conceived views. Disgraceful!
You were an abusive arsehole. The evidence I right there. I do not suffer fools gladly so if the cap fits wear it. You do it VERY WELL!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

morley pie eater wrote:
superleague wrote:
morley pie eater wrote: Sorry, SL, but remind us which game you were at?
I saw a superb defence that never gave em a sniff at scoring despite great pressure & numerous drop-outs. A disciplined performance too, few penalties given, and 4 great tries against the current form team of the comp.

"poor with ball in hand, lots of errors." I find that nothing short of an insult to a great team performance and a demonstration of total blinkered prejudice to back up your pre-conceived views. Disgraceful!
Saints where bloody awful and if you think that was a great performance you have some serious cherry and white blinkers on, or just delusional
See above.

If you really believe what you say, time to stop being a "supporter" maybe
Just another. WHO THE F ARE YOU TO TELL ANYBODY WHAT THEY SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT BE. Exactly. Hence you are an arsehole.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

morley pie eater wrote:From BBC website: "Stubborn in defence, Wigan remained a threat in attack"... but what do they know?
What does anybody know? AGAIN everybody is emtitled to their opinion YET whenever somebody dives a balanced post with some negativity you are like a dog with a bone. An ARSEHOLE!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

LooseHead wrote:Tautai was the best foward on the field tonight, and it was up front that we beat Saints. Last time we played them they bullied us, but tonight from the off we were physical and didn't let them get on top. Dom Crosby looking good too. Flower looks bang average nowadays but hopefully it's a dip in form and not permanent.

Backs vs backs there was a totally misfiring saints attack and some moments of quality from Gells, and some smart organisation from Matty S.

Overall it's no mean feat to keep ANY SL side to nil, so can't be too disappointed but let's not get carried away cos not every side we play has players like Wilkin and Fages to help us out.
I agree re Tautai BUT front rowers. All the front rowers were good value. Flower ideally probably neeeds the break the CC Final will bring to freshen up. Hopefully, we use the break to work on possession. Crosby seems to mirror Flower in doing the nitty gritty. Looks the end for Mossop. FPN was much better tonight too as his match fitness improves. Faz will get better and better too.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Shaun1967 wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
cow yeds wrote:I think we'll batter them. There leader is not playing and Percival is out too. So they have no goal kicker. Put the foot down early on and goodnight Vienna.
Think sintelins have one or two half decent goal kickers cow yeds, but hopefully injuries and suspensions will curb this tonight. Maybe Jack opens will get the job if Percival doesn't play. ????
So who was St Helens goal kicker then? :lol: :lol:
Jack Owens and unlike Matty Smith, he didn't miss a single goal kick all night.

I think we should sign him up!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Once again the forum has sunk to a low level by a poster insulting another several times, probably because they have had one too many and can hide behind a keyboard, disgraceful behaviour.