Golovkin. v. Brook

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Golovkin. v. Brook

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Spoiler.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

:eusa2:

Great performance by brook his eye was a massive distraction for him but he gave ggg his hardest fight so far

Think Eubank Jr. will beat ggg
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
SJ

Post by SJ »

Eddie Hearn, John Nelson talk rubbish "Kell was ahead on points " what cloud are they on. If the towel wasn't thrown in he'd have sustained more than a broken eye socket.
Wigan_forever1985

I thought kell took 1 and 2 but he was really bothered by his eye as you would be
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: :eusa2:

Great performance by brook his eye was a massive distraction for him but he gave ggg his hardest fight so far

I'm a big fan of Eubank, but can't see him beating Golovkin. Would be good to watch though. Same as Saunders versus Golovkin.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

How can you have watched this saints when X factor was on?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wigan_forever1985

yokozuna wrote:

I'm a big fan of Eubank, but can't see him beating Golovkin. Would be good to watch though. Same as Saunders versus Golovkin.
I said in an earlier post that I felt ggg's record was a bit "plumped" now they will say the top are running scared but I would say that still makes him unproven.

Brook was on top before the eye injury and was finding it easy to get to ggg with fast hands and good movement - two things that Eubank Jr. has too. The difference is Eubank Jr is the same weight and will hit like a middleweight, if I was Jr I'd of been happy seeing what I saw last night
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
yokozuna wrote:

I said in an earlier post that I felt ggg's record was a bit "plumped" now they will say the top are running scared but I would say that still makes him unproven.

Brook was on top before the eye injury and was finding it easy to get to ggg with fast hands and good movement - two things that Eubank Jr. has too. The difference is Eubank Jr is the same weight and will hit like a middleweight, if I was Jr I'd of been happy seeing what I saw last night
I think GGG will stop Eubank too, too much power in those punches for him.
The punch that landed on Kell Brook's cheekbone would have busted most people.

Brooks corner done a fantastic job throwing in the towel, as they realise the true power behind those shots and knew it could seriously have hurt/injured their man.

What makes you think GGG's record is "plumped", just for my interest, as you seem to understand and know many thinks regarding boxing WF? ????
Wigan_forever1985

He never actually knocked kell down though (although he would have) but he only really started catching him after kell couldn't see

I can only think of limiuex who has been a top 5 ranked fighter. I've no doubt that ggg has outrageous power and it would be a tricky fight but I don't think ggg has been in with a real talent yet, I think Eubank can do what kell can do but he's bigger and stronger

I said in another post the problem when one fighter can't hurt another is that fighter can just walk through them, I think Eubank hitting ggg with the shots kell did would make ggg think twice because I think kell shook him a coup,e of time not enough to worry him but enough to let him know he was there
Warrior1872

Post by Warrior1872 »

This guy hits like Roberto Duran his power breaks people down you dont have to knock people to win a boxing match you just break them down