Next Season Forwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Next Season Forwards

Post by cpwigan »

Exactly that TB. It is the pack in its entirety that matters and where they defend/attack etc. Straw maybe Joel is too big ?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:Exactly that TB. It is the pack in its entirety that matters and where they defend/attack etc. Straw maybe Joel is too big ?
I always thought since coming back from RU that his upper body to lower body was out of proportion and his upper body was putting to much strain on his lower limbs, I might be talking utter BS by the way, just on observation. His upper body might be too big for 2nd row and hinder his mobility!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:Exactly that TB. It is the pack in its entirety that matters and where they defend/attack etc. Straw maybe Joel is too big ?

No he didn't look too big on Good Friday when he went in from 40 metres. As I've said I'd move Lockers up to prop and go with a back 3 of Faz, Joel and Bateman with Isa on the bench. I'm really hoping that Gregson comes back well as he is a tremendous ball playing forward who can also handle the rough stuff.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

If Micky Mac wants a starting hooker position next season he will need to be able to play 75/80 minutes rather than the 50 odd minutes he was doing last season.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

ian.birchall wrote:If Micky Mac wants a starting hooker position next season he will need to be able to play 75/80 minutes rather than the 50 odd minutes he was doing last season.
TBH I'd try Micky at LF until he can prove his fitness over Sam Powell, Sam hasn't put a foot wrong since taking over and if anything played better than Micky has in the past 3 seasons.
I like Micky a lot but imo the position is Sam's to lose not just given to MM
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:If Mac gets back to full fitness I think he will get back the 9 spot on merit. The two tries IIRC Shorocks could not effect strong enough challenge. No shame in that, he did very well BUT Mac is capable of making those tackles. Wane has a responsibility as coach to develop his attack as before he was made head coach, Macs attacking game was getting better.

Mac is a hooker full stop. NO LF.
Mac is a very limited hooker, time for him to play the full 80 or go play for Widnes
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think he can be far more active Meds. I disagree with the notion of him playing LF.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:If Mac gets back to full fitness I think he will get back the 9 spot on merit. The two tries IIRC Shorocks could not effect strong enough challenge. No shame in that, he did very well BUT Mac is capable of making those tackles. Wane has a responsibility as coach to develop his attack as before he was made head coach, Macs attacking game was getting better.

Mac is a hooker full stop. NO LF.
Mac is a very limited hooker, time for him to play the full 80 or go play for Widnes
Mac disrupts the opposition which is good but his lack of game time is a big problem, Sam on the other hand imo offers a lot more
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Joel is still on crutches. How long has he been out?
Too long!! :lol:
I seriously doubt he would improve us on Saturday if fit, Soz.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Joel is still on crutches. How long has he been out?
Too long!! :lol:
I seriously doubt he would improve us on Saturday if fit, Soz.
I think that will be the conclusion when he regains fitness too. He has fallen befind Bateman and Faz now.