Re: Williams to Wire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I have been told today that Crosby and Williams to Wire is a done deal,with a sum of money and Dwyer coming to Wigan.I trust my informant as he is almost always on the ball but hope the Williams deal is untrue.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

old hooker wrote:I have been told today that Crosby and Williams to Wire is a done deal,with a sum of money and Dwyer coming to Wigan.I trust my informant as he is almost always on the ball but hope the Williams deal is untrue.

If so, that is really, really bad news. :(
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

old hooker wrote:I have been told today that Crosby and Williams to Wire is a done deal,with a sum of money and Dwyer coming to Wigan.I trust my informant as he is almost always on the ball but hope the Williams deal is untrue.
Crosby not that bothered tbh good player but we have exceptional group of props and can cover him. Like him to stay but if the cap is an issue then its a position we can cover well.

Ironically if Williams is Sandow's replacement then Wire weaken. Really like watching Sandow play with ball in hand and has an exceptional kicking game. Sandow NOW is a better player than Williams.

Now calm down all please not finished.

Williams has been developed by us is becoming an exceptional talent and at his age is the best player in SL by a mile in his position. TBH he is one of the best in SL. If he goes we weaken dramatically for next season. IL will have questions to answer and not tell some one off as he did to Josie. WE develop talent at a level no team can do. But we lose them to NRL/Union for a fee. We are now also according to the mill losing Rocky another player we developed kept on the cap for 3 years and let him go. So why keep players on at the age of 20-21 if were letting them go. Would the money that Burke and Rocky was on be better to be given to Williams.

The squad won us the GF but having that big a squad and letting players go after they develop is counter productive. Time for IL to say no your not going honour your contract. Hetherington does and they do.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

thegimble wrote:
Crosby not that bothered tbh good player but we have exceptional group of props and can cover him. Like him to stay but if the cap is an issue then its a position we can cover well.

Ironically if Williams is Sandow's replacement then Wire weaken. Really like watching Sandow play with ball in hand and has an exceptional kicking game. Sandow NOW is a better player than Williams.

Williams has been developed by us is becoming an exceptional talent and at his age is the best player in SL by a mile in his position. TBH he is one of the best in SL. If he goes we weaken dramatically for next season. IL will have questions to answer and not tell some one off as he did to Josie. WE develop talent at a level no team can do. But we lose them to NRL/Union for a fee. We are now also according to the mill losing Rocky another player we developed kept on the cap for 3 years and let him go. So why keep players on at the age of 20-21 if were letting them go. Would the money that Burke and Rocky was on be better to be given to Williams.

The squad won us the GF but having that big a squad and letting players go after they develop is counter productive. Time for IL to say no your not going honour your contract. Hetherington does and they do.
Didn't do Leeds any good this year though did it.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Fujiman wrote:
thegimble wrote:

Didn't do Leeds any good this year though did it.
No they had a lot leaving as I seem to recall.

Did them no harm over the previous decade though did it.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I agree when fit at this present moment in a straight battle Sandow is much better than Williams he has it all in my book bug fan if tge las,he seems though to have baggage that williams doesn't have and willuams is goibg to get better.

Trouble is,as ever if a fee is dangled do you risk it walking off into tge sunset for nowt?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

fozzieskem wrote:I agree when fit at this present moment in a straight battle Sandow is much better than Williams he has it all in my book bug fan if tge las,he seems though to have baggage that williams doesn't have and willuams is goibg to get better.

Trouble is,as ever if a fee is dangled do you risk it walking off into tge sunset for nowt?
2 to 3 years time Williams could well be the best 6 or 7 in the World. That is the issue for me we have a tendency to let them go before their prime bring them back just after and they have injury issues with it and we pay them top dollar.

Time to say no stuff the money you signed a contract honour it.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

thegimble wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:I agree when fit at this present moment in a straight battle Sandow is much better than Williams he has it all in my book bug fan if tge las,he seems though to have baggage that williams doesn't have and willuams is goibg to get better.

2 to 3 years time Williams could well be the best 6 or 7 in the World. That is the issue for me we have a tendency to let them go before their prime bring them back just after and they have injury issues with it and we pay them top dollar.

Time to say no stuff the money you signed a contract honour it.
Completely on the same page as you..but i suspect IL runs the club the right way,every player has his price the gamble he seems to play is in the re signing of them at a later date and hope the player is as good as before.

We dont pay the bills of course but it would,for me,have to be a bid that was so huge you simply couldnt turn it down and i dont think Wire would offer that for a player,who as we both agree on is'nt quite there yet,massive gamble to take a chance on potential?.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:I have recently been chastised by our chairman in regards to my 'complaining' about letting our young players go!!
Why? It's not just young players.

Since 2010 the success we have had has often been tempered by no sooner than we win something one of our best players leaves!

When we won the CC and Joel scored that spectacular try at Wembley I was made up. One of my favourite players had just scored a Wembley classic and we have a trophy.

Next minute he is off to Union.

Then Sam T makes a big impact and looks the best back we have produced since Shaun Edwards, IL announces to the world he is on a long term deal with at least three seasons at Wigan, possibly five and he doesn't even make three being let go to the NRL.

Not to mention other losses such as Mossop and Budgie

It doesn't matter that they have come back. We lost them for the seasons they were not here regardless of form when they return so I always feel cheated when players you think are going to be the backbone of a new vintage era at Wigan leave.

So if after what has been said about Williams by IL, he caves in at the first sign of some cash you can go and give IL a big slap Josie!
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

IL is a business man and I appreciate that he is out not to lose money!!! But IL has always stated that he is a Wigan fan, so as a Wigan fan surely he wouldn't want to see most of the young Wigan supporters idol leave would he??

My great nephew at 5yrs old has started coming to watch Wigan and he loves George, wants Williams 6 on his shirt next season. Williams leaving would break his heart, and would I expect him to still want to come and watch Wigan when his idol has been sold.......NO!!

Stupid business if it goes ahead!!!!

Matt