Referees

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Referees

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Got to say, Dave, you weren't there. You know I don't go for all this biased ref rubbish, but KK hammered us last night!!

As I said to GeoffN, it's swings and roundabouts, but it takes some believing when you saw that idiot in charge last night.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Got to say, Dave, you weren't there. You know I don't go for all this biased ref rubbish, but KK hammered us last night!!

As I said to GeoffN, it's swings and roundabouts, but it takes some believing when you saw that idiot in charge last night.
Thanks, JJ...and I'm STILL waiting for the roundabouts! :wink:
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

what about carnys try?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

:conf: What try?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

the one that was scored after the hooter,the ref said he did not hear it :wink: :wink:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

That was dallas and the ref was rightly letting the last set play out.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

sorry my mistake[old age]i think we would have moaned if it had been the other way
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doveoverdave posted:
Didn't see the game.

Apparently the ref was awful again. Reading match reports this morning and the ref does get a mention
"Warriors closed the gap with a hugely controversial try.....Rae furiously confrontng the ref KK".

Not a single mention of this in all of last nights posts.
Probably because, until we've all read the match reports, we didn't have a clue what that was all about either. Most of us will remember that GB vs Aus game a few years back where GB stopped playing at the hooter and allowed the Aussies in to score. At the end of the day, isn't it the ref who signals time off anyway, so if he thought there was another play-the-ball then so be it, regardless of what the fans / coaching staff think? A clock on the scoreboard might be nice, I don't know what's happened to that, but the players will have been asking the ref on-the-run how long was left and Rea won't have been involved in those discussions.

At the time, most of us will have been totally unaware of what the so-called controversy was. It's easier for the journalists, they'll have heard Rea's complaints after the match to clarify things.

As mentioned elsewhere, if you didn't see the game you can't judge the ref. I'm normally conscious to give the ref the benefit in both directions, and I disagree with whoever (MrsLam?) said he wasn't keeping London onside - infact both teams were going back at least the distance and he's let us off lots of offsides as well. But having a go at players who have just taken head shots, the one-sided lifting-in-the-tackle decisions, and on a couple of occasions not making the correct decision at knock-ons (not playing 1st knock on, or not forming a scrum after advantage had been played but no advantage was gained) showed he was making things up on Friday.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Don't think it was me that said that Fraggle. Can't remember having a problem with the offside part of the game, I generally don't complain about that in any match. It was the high tackles that bothered me.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
Don't think it was me that said that Fraggle. Can't remember having a problem with the offside part of the game, I generally don't complain about that in any match. It was the high tackles that bothered me.
Sorry, you're right - it was Mrs Carney on the previous page who said something about us going back 15 metres but not London. Too many married women on here, I get easily confused!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]