Relegation for wigan this season ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
El Rifle

Re: Relegation for wigan t...

Post by El Rifle »

i couldnt be more happier with milly! so what he lost his first game but we have to give him time![/quote]

Totally agree, for the first time in a long time im excited to be a wigan fan. We have a great coach now with an excellent record - I might add he has a good eye for a player. We have very talented players in our squad - obviously not enough but if we can hold onto rads at fullback we'll be fine. Have any of you doubters of fletcher actually seen him play??? If you had you wouldnt be questioning his signing....oh yeah lets moan about 'over the hill' players coming to wigan....guys like craig smith and adrian lam were really awful for us werent they??????

Relegation talk is WNAC kind of ridiuclous logic.....big deal we lost to london - I have long since forgotten about this season, building for next season is what its all about. I disagreed with people like Hayley and various others who were saying get behind your team a while back. But now it is time for positivity.....we have the coach -can anyone name a better one we could have got despite the last club he was at???? chris anderson??? the guy had a heart attack during a game. We are building for next year - if Gulavao can get rid of his injury he is world class, fletcher is a great leader with great experience and he is a fighter. Richards will score tries and he can defend, i have only seen him once but he can play - a lot better then aspy or wild. There will be more signings - we got rid of the already dead wood mcdonald which is a great sign of ambition to recruit better quality.

{Fraggle: I've removed the offensive instruction to a fellow poster - just because P'n'B is a Warrington doesn't mean (s)he isn't welcome here. Please lay off the abuse.
Lockers15

Post by Lockers15 »

i cant beleive that some people already want him out!
the best coach in rugby league cant make that big of a difference straight away.
i know that alot of people are moaning about this pat richards but doesn't milly get these unknown players from down under and end up being one of the best in the side?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I think lyon is a prime example of millwards recruiting . Millward doesnt get bad players, if you look at his record over the years, gleeson is a good example of millwards ability turn him from relatively unknown into a superstar. Although then again bibey....wouldnt want any players of his amazing quality :doz:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

Darren Albert's another one. Millward does know what he's doing.
Wigan 'til I die.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Lockers15 posted:
i cant beleive that some people already want him out!
the best coach in rugby league cant make that big of a difference straight away.
i know that alot of people are moaning about this pat richards but doesn't milly get these unknown players from down under and end up being one of the best in the side?
Have I missed something? Where are the posts saying "Millward out"?
Who's been moaning about Pat Richards? Even the Aspy fans on here realize that Richards would be a big improvement on Aspy - or Wild for that matter. However IMO Richards should replace Carney on the wing, with a new signing coming to replace Aspy. It's obvious Carney wants out so put him on the list - even if it's merely to make a point.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

if we can hold onto rads at fullback we'll be fine
What do you want to do - keep him 'till he's 33 and playing a dozen games a season? It's time to move on.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Tom_McCooey posted:
We wont go down, finish in a very safe position 7th
I think your wearing cherry and white coated specticles!!
Your club is very aware of the dangers even if your not.
Like Widnes and Leigh you've been buying players through the season to keep you up and you've just bought another!!
who
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Not expecting owt special from us this season but it bothers me that I have paid for a season ticket and attended every home match and 90% of the away matches and I'm now being told "We're building for next year" This season isn't over yet, I paid for this year and would like to see at least some positive change before October
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

MrsLam posted:
Not expecting owt special from us this season but it bothers me that I have paid for a season ticket and attended every home match and 90% of the away matches and I'm now being told "We're building for next year" This season isn't over yet, I paid for this year and would like to see at least some positive change before October
Well said - good point.
Lockers15

Post by Lockers15 »

Doveoverdave posted:
MrsLam posted:
Well said - good point.
its true but this season was a complete disaster. we can only look to the future. I want value for money for my season ticket but i probably wont get it this year but i hope that wigan make up for it in the next few years.