Defence

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Defence

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Barney841 wrote:Our defence looked awesome on Sunday. Cronulla couldn't handle it, we got under their skin and they didn't like it.
I'll second that Barney and the fact we got under their skin and they couldn't handle it led to the use of head shots, elbows and everything else going in.
My frustration is that it was clear as daylight to see but where was Hicks and the touchies when this was going on.
They were invisible to it which questions their intentions in this match.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Ive watched it back a few times PM and agree there where some grubby tactics.

Tautai got his hair pulled, following through after the kicks but the one that stands out is the Gildart high shot with what looked like an elbow right across the chops just after he passed to Burgess for his 2nd try

That went un-noticed by the officials.

I do think Wigan players go there own back but they did it out of sight.

I think Cronulla will struggle in the NRL this year and they will find it very tough with an ageing squad and tactics of that nature
Michael Ennis is a big miss for Cronulla.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I think the ref tried to keep the play flowing abit. I watch a lot of the NRL and they seem to let things go a little unlike over here
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Panchitta Marra wrote:At the game I thought cronulla were the dirtiest team I've ever seen play rugby League and more so with the head shots in their tackles and leading with the elbow or forearm going forward.
My mentality hasn't changed on this since watching it on the box. Dam disgraceful very much of it with very little picked up by the officials. The hit that put Ollie on his haunches, plus elbow leads by Gallon could have finished players careers if they'd connected as they were intended.
Am I the only one that saw this?
Your note the only one who thinks so PM. http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/english-m ... ks-winger/
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

That hit on Gildart was a real "Dean Sampson" piece of thuggery.

I think the dis panel are passing it by. If they went into detail then a few players would miss SL games this weekend.