Wigan v Wire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

Re: Wigan v Wire

Post by ian b »

i would play Sam in the halves and use leului at hooker with Powell . I know MM will be back but the bigger the squad the more options you have and Sam is still a world class player
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

ian b wrote:i would play Sam in the halves and use leului at hooker with Powell . I know MM will be back but the bigger the squad the more options you have and Sam is still a world class player
I disagree - tommy is playing really well in the halves so why move him to accommodate someone who was world class 4 years ago but let's face it hasn't really looked like it since

Sam needs to earn a place back in the squad and at the moment that's a really hard job in front of him
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

That said escare could be the best thing to happen to Tomkins in his career - his pressure could revive what could of been a complacent Tomkins
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
ian b wrote:i would play Sam in the halves and use leului at hooker with Powell . I know MM will be back but the bigger the squad the more options you have and Sam is still a world class player
I disagree - tommy is playing really well in the halves so why move him to accommodate someone who was world class 4 years ago but let's face it hasn't really looked like it since

Sam needs to earn a place back in the squad and at the moment that's a really hard job in front of him
More to the point that we score a heck of a lot more tries now than we did last season. So why change the entire 1,6 and 7 combination to fit in a player who showed a bit of form up to the Wakefield game last season.

MM and ST have to earn the spot back in the team.
ian b

Post by ian b »

Sam played injured and that is bound to knock your confidence and anyone else's for that matter. He doesn't just become a bad player. Tommy is a really good hooker and my point is that rotation benefits the squad surely and it would keep the opposition guessing.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:

More to the point that we score a heck of a lot more tries now than we did last season. So why change the entire 1,6 and 7 combination to fit in a player who showed a bit of form up to the Wakefield game last season.

MM and ST have to earn the spot back in the team.
MM will walk into the team. Wane will rotate him and Powell. Now Sam faces a tougher task as his way back requires a player to be dropped.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

ian b wrote:Sam played injured and that is bound to knock your confidence and anyone else's for that matter. He doesn't just become a bad player. Tommy is a really good hooker and my point is that rotation benefits the squad surely and it would keep the opposition guessing.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

It's a great spot to be in. It's a long season and a bit of rotation in the side will bode well for the playoffs.

Players such as Joel and Isa have really shown their value and versatility as well.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I always find it easier to judge watching on TV rather than live at a game, but wow, how good was Escare?
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

The other thing is how well Lockers is playing. But he's not going to be able to play every week, and it'll be interesting to see what Wane does in his absence.

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.