Fans outside of Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
kevbrown1980

Re: Fans outside of Wigan

Post by kevbrown1980 »

I've got family in Market Deeping and Bourne. Spent many a day at Ferry Meadows
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

kevbrown1980 wrote:I've got family in Market Deeping and Bourne. Spent many a day at Ferry Meadows
It's a nice place to relax on a decent summers day, just as nice in winter as well as long as it's dry, not been there in 30 so it probably changed a bit since then
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
shimmy192

Post by shimmy192 »

We travel every week from the dizzy heights of Doncaster South Yorks- takes 2 hours to get there on a Friday night and if the M62 is not shut on the way home 1 hour 40 going back.

Of course the Yorkshire away games are close - Wakefield & Cass being 30 mins but Huddersfield & Leeds are 45 minutes, as is Hull FC. 2 hours to Widnes/Warrington/Stains.

Well worth it- used to live in Bury & watched Wigan since the late 70's
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wormburner wrote:
kevbrown1980 wrote:I've got family in Market Deeping and Bourne. Spent many a day at Ferry Meadows
It's a nice place to relax on a decent summers day, just as nice in winter as well as long as it's dry, not been there in 30 so it probably changed a bit since then
Ferry Meadows didn't even exist when I lived there! It was Orton Staunch, as it was known (area around the lock-gates) and that was it. Have been to FM since, though. I preferred under the willows on the Embankment on a summers day.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Wormburner wrote:
Millom RLFC 1873 "The oldest amateur RL Club in the world". According to Craig Evans.
Are they still going strong?
Rochdale Warrior

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

shimmy192 wrote:We travel every week from the dizzy heights of Doncaster South Yorks- takes 2 hours to get there on a Friday night and if the M62 is not shut on the way home 1 hour 40 going back.

Of course the Yorkshire away games are close - Wakefield & Cass being 30 mins but Huddersfield & Leeds are 45 minutes, as is Hull FC. 2 hours to Widnes/Warrington/Stains.

Well worth it- used to live in Bury & watched Wigan since the late 70's
Ok for cup semi finals then !
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

BriH wrote:
Wormburner wrote:
Millom RLFC 1873 "The oldest amateur RL Club in the world". According to Craig Evans.
aye they still going strong BriH
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
BriH

Post by BriH »

Wormburner wrote:
BriH wrote:
Wormburner wrote:It's a nice place to relax on a decent summers day, just as nice in winter as well as long as it's dry, not been there in 30 so it probably changed a bit since then
aye they still going strong BriH
Great stuff!! Also, not a lot of people know that the real MCC is 'Millom Cricket Club' Ra Ra :D :D :D
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

formulamoto wrote:been a wigan fan since the 1961? cup final v st helens . live in bridlington east yorkshire and as im disabled i have never been to a home game . i do try to get to the games in yorkshire if possible.
My favourite place outside Wigan - love, love, love Bridlington! Go for a trip up there every year. Would love to pick it up and bring it down to Lancashire :lol1: