FPN....AGAIN!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Re: FPN....AGAIN!

Post by markill »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
markill wrote:His second half spell yesterday was as good a spell as he has had all year. Yes he made a bad error to start the game and he probably stayed on a set too long in the first half, but credit where it's due for his second half.
Was it his error or MM's pass?
Error probably wasn't the right word, as I was thinking more about his run that got things started so badly. Credit to him bouncing back and having a top have, especially in his 2nd spell where he was excellent.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
dave_highfive1

Post by dave_highfive1 »

Josie's friend wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Somebody has changed his style of play from his NRL days :conf:
IMO this is the answer to his form this season, Wane likes small props who don't perform like a quality prop should. He prefers to them sticking to defence and offering nothing in attack.
FPN, Clubb, Sutton & Tautai would shine under a different coach or at least different tactics
Plus 10
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

dave_highfive1 wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Somebody has changed his style of play from his NRL days :conf:
IMO this is the answer to his form this season, Wane likes small props who don't perform like a quality prop should. He prefers to them sticking to defence and offering nothing in attack.
FPN, Clubb, Sutton & Tautai would shine under a different coach or at least different tactics
Plus 10
I have thought for several seasons we sign players who look good for other teams then when they get here play them completely differently.

I can't remember his name off hand but this started a few years back when we signed someone off Hull (not Taylor) or possibly Wakey who had had a massive game v us in the 2nd row and we played him as a prop!
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

DaveO wrote:
dave_highfive1 wrote:
Josie's friend wrote: IMO this is the answer to his form this season, Wane likes small props who don't perform like a quality prop should. He prefers to them sticking to defence and offering nothing in attack.
Plus 10
I have thought for several seasons we sign players who look good for other teams then when they get here play them completely differently.

I can't remember his name off hand but this started a few years back when we signed someone off Hull (not Taylor) or possibly Wakey who had had a massive game v us in the 2nd row and we played him as a prop!
Lauaki?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
DaveO wrote:
dave_highfive1 wrote: Plus 10

Lauaki?
Think it was him
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble wrote:
Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
DaveO wrote: I have thought for several seasons we sign players who look good for other teams then when they get here play them completely differently.

Lauaki?
Think it was him
That is who I was thinking of.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Luaki was terrible and an appalling signing. The Hull fans were ecstatic to see the back of him and were amazed he got snapped up by Wigan.
Can anyone remember the name of a good native New Zealand or 'South Sea Islands' forward we have signed in the last few years.
The last good foward we signed from down under was Hoffman and he was only here temporarily with Melbournes salary problems and before that it was Craig Smith.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Ironically, it was his best match for us last night. Apart from his usual sluggish start when he seems to be peripheral, he was very good indeed. Didn't make much difference unfortunately.