CC Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dave-C

Re: CC Final

Post by Dave-C »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
ddtftf wrote:In 4 sets of 6 not one prop drove the ball in the backs were doing all the work Bateman ran himself to water, no good having good backs if your props are no good. Nuasala should go home and Tommy upstairs. And for fuc---s sake buy a goal kicker & a good coach. Its like Man United going 4 years without a goal scorer are the management blind.
Spot on yes sadly they are a good goal kicker is paramount as for coach that will get sorted end of season then a player clear out will start
Only been saying about a goal kicker for the last four seasons since Pat left. If you cant find a goal kicker in four years then someone should be sacked. End of. I could teach myself to be a better goal kicker than anyone on that team in that time.
5miler

Post by 5miler »

I know we're predictable but so are Hull. Was sat on row 4 and watched Hull do the run around all day,we were set up and negating it all day. How could they not see the Clubby reef out beggars belief. Marshalls defence let him down again,can only think Davies was injured as I've not seen anything yet. Although Hull controlled the game for long periods we bombed or had chalked off 6 opportunities. My wife and I stayed until after the trophy was lifted so some people can't call me names I thank you.
Dave-C

Post by Dave-C »

5miler wrote:I know we're predictable but so are Hull. Was sat on row 4 and watched Hull do the run around all day,we were set up and negating it all day. How could they not see the Clubby reef out beggars belief. Marshalls defence let him down again,can only think Davies was injured as I've not seen anything yet. Although Hull controlled the game for long periods we bombed or had chalked off 6 opportunities. My wife and I stayed until after the trophy was lifted so some people can't call me names I thank you.
Quite frankly I wouldn't blame anyone for walking out at half time....

Same old boring crap, a complete disregard for thousands of paying fans. Time and time and time again. Time for a change.
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Today was proof we need a kicker not much in the game as such but Sneyd kicked us to death ,3+ years without a top class kicker found out today ,it's not that we miss kicks oppositions kicker isn't under same pressure expecting ours to land goals ,plus again a serious lack of an alternative plan, they had a big side surely run them around tire them out ,ok 50/50s went against us but that shouldn't be an issue if you're in control .Hopefully a wake up call for an extremely poor season barring the WCC ,basically a pack that doesn't dominate and a back line that doesn't inspire.But to be fair the best team won
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

5miler wrote:I know we're predictable but so are Hull. Was sat on row 4 and watched Hull do the run around all day,we were set up and negating it all day. How could they not see the Clubby reef out beggars belief. Marshalls defence let him down again,can only think Davies was injured as I've not seen anything yet. Although Hull controlled the game for long periods we bombed or had chalked off 6 opportunities. My wife and I stayed until after the trophy was lifted so some people can't call me names I thank you.
Davies ruled out 30 mins before kick off big loss defensively
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Well that was fun..........

My thoughts on the final:

1. Presumably Davies was injured. Marshall was a liability. Not his fault, but frankly he is too short to be a winger in the modern game.

2. We desperately need an organising #7. George is not suited to this role, he needs to be given the freedom to play off the cuff.

3. Sam is very ordinary at Full Back. Not useless, but not going to set the world on fire.

4. Burgess is either injured or has issues. Doesn't justify his place at the moment.

5. Reffing. It's awful. How was the ball not stripped out of Clubbs hands? I would seriously love to know the reasoning behind that decision.

Overall the sad thing is it wasn't a surprise to lose that game.

We were beaten by an average team by being disorganised and lacking in any attacking threat. Strangley enough I was watching George in the warm up and the amount of balls he dropped, he just looked "off it".
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Williams is the most overrated player in SL end of
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

acwrlfc wrote:Williams is the most overrated player in SL end of
I think the talent is there, the issue he has is that he cannot play in a structured role. He needs someone alongside him to do this and free him up to do what he does best.

He reminds me of Hanley in that respect.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wintergreen wrote:
acwrlfc wrote:Williams is the most overrated player in SL end of
I think the talent is there, the issue he has is that he cannot play in a structured role. He needs someone alongside him to do this and free him up to do what he does best.

He reminds me of Hanley in that respect.
A bit like Kelly is?
As said earlier Smith has been a bit of a loss?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Finally people are seeing what Smith brought to the table,not the best but far better than this seasons miserable offerings,not that the lynchmob will listen they made their minds up years ago.

Williams is in his current state in danger of being a "lost" player,let alone a marquee player,I asked a couple of times was he still on the pitch so abject his performance was.

Don't know what is the matter with Burgess he simply isn't the same player that left,miles of the pace.