Our Front Row

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Our Front Row

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Roby made a lot more ground and put in a shift.
He hasn't mastered the missed tackles that aren't, and wasn't floored by a 10 stone winger.
Clearly you need to visit Specsavers if you think he was floored by a 10 stone winger in a normal tackle!

'Roby made a lot more ground and put in a shift......oh yeah and was completely anonymous throughout!'

Finished your sentence for you!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

medlocke wrote:
He hasn't mastered the missed tackles that aren't, and wasn't floored by a 10 stone winger.
He put him reet on his arse, time to go for me
How did he put him on his arse?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

His head smashed MMs head...... how could someone not see that...... it looked a right mess but did he come back on???? Yes.....MM adds so much more than powell at hooker.....look at our go forward when hes on the field
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

FPN our enforcer ( Powder Puff ) was none existent again, I don't think he was even out of breath with the stint he put in & Gelling is a liability passing on our own line missing tackles, sadly his early potential has not materialised.
Our 2 second rowers and Lockers were outstanding, but they cannot keep doing the props work every week.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:
He put him reet on his arse, time to go for me
With a ferocious tackle, did you not see it, yes there was an unfortunate clash of heads but the young winger showed he wasn't afraid of Wigans so called hard man by putting the hit in
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:He put him reet on his arse, time to go for me
With a ferocious tackle, did you not see it, yes there was an unfortunate clash of heads but the young winger showed he wasn't afraid of Wigans so called hard man by putting the hit in
Unfortunate?

the only reason MM ended up on his backside was because he got smashed in the head. and i thought last night was one of MM quietest matchs this year as well so this isn't a defending a player because i like him.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
TrueBlueWarrior

Caboosegg wrote:
medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: How did he put him on his arse?
Unfortunate?

the only reason MM ended up on his backside was because he got smashed in the head. and i thought last night was one of MM quietest matchs this year as well so this isn't a defending a player because i like him.
Ignore the agenda caboose, it was clearly a full flying headbut that knocked him down but not out, he left the field for a head check and came back on within minutes absolutely fine!

Just a thought but for those questioning how tough MM is, I seriously think you should watch how he reacted to the absolutely horrific and shocking injury in the WCC, for anyone to suggest he isn't tough after that is actually nothing but disrespectful, also ask Jamie Peacock how tough he is, enough said!!
TrueBlueWarrior

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:He put him reet on his arse, time to go for me
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am not questioning how hard he is, I am questioning how effective he is. I have been watching the game for 40 years and genuinely can't see it. Does he actually initimidate anyone? That is impossible to measure. He can't run faster than a fast walk, he never makes a break, he can't bring his runners onto the ball, and he misses tackles galore. Simply look at his stats. His defenders argue that he is so effective he even does damage when he is missing tackles.

People talk about Lockers and how valuable he is, and in attack it is because he takes the ball to the line and asks a question of the defence. He has to do that to free up space because we ask no questions of the defence from hooker.

If anyone can think of a single game this year in which our number 9 has made a good attacking contribution this year please let me know. That's 2017 not 2015.
TrueBlueWarrior

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I am not questioning how hard he is, I am questioning how effective he is. I have been watching the game for 40 years and genuinely can't see it. Does he actually initimidate anyone? That is impossible to measure. He can't run faster than a fast walk, he never makes a break, he can't bring his runners onto the ball, and he misses tackles galore. Simply look at his stats. His defenders argue that he is so effective he even does damage when he is missing tackles.

People talk about Lockers and how valuable he is, and in attack it is because he takes the ball to the line and asks a question of the defence. He has to do that to free up space because we ask no questions of the defence from hooker.

If anyone can think of a single game this year in which our number 9 has made a good attacking contribution this year please let me know. That's 2017 not 2015.
So was you not mentioning a 10stone winger flooring him not questioning how hard he is?

Plus I will simplify it for you, if he is as bad as you say above and Roby is world class or amazing again as you have said in the past, why is Roby being squashed in MM's pocket right now whilst he sleeps and when will he let him out of it again after last night?