Top 4

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southernpie

Re: Top 4

Post by southernpie »

Wandering Warrior wrote: For the record I've a long standing appointment with Southport Air Show this afternoon and I'll be as happy as every "fan" if WE win this.
Furthermore I'll catch up on Wigan TV later from the comfort of my couch and not from some dodgy download site where the club gets feck all revenue. :wink:
Just wondered where I fit as a supporter or fan, I used to have a season ticket but the move to summer rugby done for me as I have "long standing appointments" virtually every weekend from April through to the end of September at four day dog shows, working, judging or exhibiting. I used to make most games in Feb/March and the Grand Final, I sometimes am free Challenge cup final Weekend (Scotland show that weekend)
Even worse 4 years ago I moved to Lincolnshire making Thursday and Friday journeys a nightmare so now don't get to all games at the start of season but sometimes get to the away game(s) at Hull.
When I am at the dog shows I am usually sitting in my motorhome in a field listening to Wish FM or watching a "Dodgy Stream" however I also have a subscription to Wigan TV and watch the full game when I get home, I also buy at least one shirt every year.
Bearing all the above in mind, do I or do I not have the right to call things as I see them?
I have not been happy with what I have seen in general this year but am still sat here, (having just got home from a dog show where I was wearing ear buds listening to my phone) even after today hoping everything goes right the next two weekends so I am at Old Trafford on my birthday watching the Warriors defend their title.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

If you pay money into any club directly you are a supporter in my eyes. The tone of some folks posts on here and indeed other forums leads easily to the conclusion of supporter or fan/follower.
Just a statement of fact with respect to supporter/fan, you know which you are?
Tbe obvious fan candidates keep stum and watch their dodgy streams.
Hope you get your birthday wish cos I'll be there as well, somehow I think your birthday cake won't be cut at OT. Add to that the plastic scousers will finish higher in the league!

When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I like the grand final as a day out so who ever is there I'll be going,real hobsons choice though if its the plastics vs the lot from over the hill :(
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

widdenoldboy wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:Ideal scenario is Hull losing at Cas and Salford beating Saints with us coming away from Wakey with a win.
A win over Cas would be a massive boost
Our fate is in our own hands - who'd have thought we'd be in this position just a few weeks back!
Wakey have not done us any favours in last two games - if only Grix had even kicked the ball away from the posts v Saints that could have been a draw and a draw v Hull would have helped.

Down to us now.
Not any more.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Wandering Warrior wrote: If you pay money into any club directly you are a supporter in my eyes. The tone of some folks posts on here and indeed other forums leads easily to the conclusion of supporter or fan/follower.
Hope you get your birthday wish cos I'll be there as well, somehow I think your birthday cake won't be cut at OT. Add to that the plastic scousers will finish higher in the league!
So your opinion has more weight to it just because you might go to more games than someone else or am I misunderstanding you
Wandering Warrior

It's simple. You pay money into a club you are entitled to belly ache!
Somebody originally stated that proper fans don't criticise their club.
I escalated that person's comment to define a supporter and a fan.
Make what you like of that, hope this helps?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Wandering Warrior wrote:It's simple. You pay money into a club you are entitled to belly ache!
"Proper" fans DO criticise their club.

It is deluded sheep who don't.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Wandering Warrior wrote:If you pay money into any club directly you are a supporter in my eyes. The tone of some folks posts on here and indeed other forums leads easily to the conclusion of supporter or fan/follower.
you really are full off BS
Supporter /fan down here in Devon ideoloct they are synonymous Grow up Your like aTurnip's tap root with a Tropism for water.

Fan or Supporter only a "Turnip( or is that Swede)would be arsed to Discriminate. If. You get my drift wink:
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wintergreen wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:It's simple. You pay money into a club you are entitled to belly ache!

Correct.
Wandering Warrior

Wintergreen wrote:

Correct squared.