Tonights Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Josie's friend

Re: Tonights Game

Post by Josie's friend »

Fan4Fifty wrote:It's mostly been said. Went with no great expectation which by half time looked like being confirmed. Second half some really slick handling but all down left side. Sam T in control when at half back; Escare, Williams, Marshall, Gildart all played well

My concern though is that our forwards won't always give us the platform for the backs to shine especially against bigger, better and more aggressive opposition than Salford. We still don't have an Alex Walmseley, Scott Taylor, Chris Hill type 'leader' and I think we'll still struggle for dominance against some forward packs.
I think Clubb showed some good things and FPN was solid but considering we played 3 props (no real loose forward) we never dominated.
Would of liked to see Hamlin in the LF role, we'll know more soon but hope Wane at least tries starting with Clubb & FPN
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Josie's friend wrote:
Fan4Fifty wrote:It's mostly been said. Went with no great expectation which by half time looked like being confirmed. Second half some really slick handling but all down left side. Sam T in control when at half back; Escare, Williams, Marshall, Gildart all played well

My concern though is that our forwards won't always give us the platform for the backs to shine especially against bigger, better and more aggressive opposition than Salford. We still don't have an Alex Walmseley, Scott Taylor, Chris Hill type 'leader' and I think we'll still struggle for dominance against some forward packs.
I think Clubb showed some good things and FPN was solid but considering we played 3 props (no real loose forward) we never dominated.
Would of liked to see Hamlin in the LF role, we'll know more soon but hope Wane at least tries starting with Clubb & FPN
He tried Clubb and FPN starting last season didn't he?

Maybe he thinks there's no purpose in carrying on with that partnership?

But I agree with 3 props on the go wigan should have bossed it more I get the feeling things maybe a bit different next week against Hull.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
oldhooker wrote:All has really been said, a very good second half performance but we cant get away from the fact that Salford will probably be down in the basement at the end of the season.Sam was superb and ran the show for me, Escare added a bit of pace when he came on and the forwards were good without being great.Sarge though proved he is no centre.

I must have watched a different game to a few on here Cant see what Sarge did wrong played well in defence and made Davies try. He was not great but did as much as most on last night. I am not enthralled with his signing but at least willing to give him a break first game for gods sake.
You watched the same game but obviously saw it differently, nothing wrong with that.What God has to do with it I am not sure but there is no reason to get out of your pram just because we disagree.Calm down.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

old hooker wrote:
oldhooker wrote:All has really been said, a very good second half performance but we cant get away from the fact that Salford will probably be down in the basement at the end of the season.Sam was superb and ran the show for me, Escare added a bit of pace when he came on and the forwards were good without being great.Sarge though proved he is no centre.

I must have watched a different game to a few on here Cant see what Sarge did wrong played well in defence and made Davies try. He was not great but did as much as most on last night. I am not enthralled with his signing but at least willing to give him a break first game for gods sake.
You watched the same game but obviously saw it differently, nothing wrong with thWhat God has to do with it I am not sure but there is no reason to get out of your pram just because we disagree.Calm down.[/quotat.e]

:D Spot on. If you want to do that, there is plenty space left on RLFANS with it's baby moderators ;)
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Wintergreen wrote:
old hooker wrote:
You watched the same game but obviously saw it differently, nothing wrong with thWhat God has to do with it I am not sure but there is no reason to get out of your pram just because we disagree.Calm down.[/b][/quotat.e]

:D Spot on. If you want to do that, there is plenty space left on RLFANS with it's baby moderators ;)

Obviously hit a nerve with you and your girlfriend Your both not happy unless knocking team or other posters. Grow up childish pr**ks. I can take as well as give don't you worry about that. Not surprised forum going to pot with posts like yours. Just for the record ITS A FORUM FOR OPINIONS.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Kept in the dark, swearing at other posters is totally unnecesary, you have now proved your lack of manners.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

old hooker wrote:Kept in the dark, swearing at other posters is totally unnecesary, you have now proved your lack of manners.
Yes sorry totally uncalled for. Wont happen again. Will not retaliate again to childish posts.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

One thing that struck me was the new slim lined FPN. Don't we want him big enough to do so damage? I recall how useless the slimmed down Feca was - the only way to use him was give him 10 minute death or glory stints. Play Powell 80 minutes and we could use FPN in a similar way...
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:One thing that struck me was the new slim lined FPN. Don't we want him big enough to do so damage? I recall how useless the slimmed down Feca was - the only way to use him was give him 10 minute death or glory stints. Play Powell 80 minutes and we could use FPN in a similar way...
Where then does TL play? You do realise the chances of Wane leaving either Powell or TL out so we can have an 80 minute hooker are close to zero?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:One thing that struck me was the new slim lined FPN. Don't we want him big enough to do so damage? I recall how useless the slimmed down Feca was - the only way to use him was give him 10 minute death or glory stints. Play Powell 80 minutes and we could use FPN in a similar way...
Saw a pic yesterday of Sam Kasiano; hardly recognisable: