Wane on Hamlin

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adiddy

Re: Wane on Hamlin

Post by adiddy »

Didn't wane also state that if you play well you keep your place ( something to that effect) a comment I know he has stated before. Marshall I think was 5 tries from 3 matches before being dropped for an out of form budgie. Marshall is now 9 from 4 who do we think will play against Cats?? I won't bet against budgie. Ganson, Hamlin and woods had us moving forward with ease on Monday, again I wouldn't bet against none of them playing on Sat.

Hamlin was what I've always wanted from our forwards.........he went forward and showed commitment to make extra yards and then a quick play the ball. He was also a brute in defence.

I lost count of the sets where not one forward ran it in, and that upsets me greatly. Imagine how effective our quick backs could be being given plenty of room behind a pack of forwards smashing holes in an opposition defence.

My opinion of course.

Matt
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Why make such a statement in public? All Waney needed to do was pull him on one side on the training paddock and tell him what he wants him to do! I found Gabe's style of play refreshing but Waney needs to assess the whole picture and do what he feels that is good for the team.

We are not in danger of getting sacked by IFL, Waney's career depends on results.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I think some are extrapolating into infinity something which simply does not merit it. Wane praises Hamlin in every interview he gave after the game, and we are leaping on a stream of consciousness comment about quick ptbs also being important.

Wane found him, Wane signed him, Wane has been getting him fit, and Wane deserves the credit for how well he did yesterday. If we liked what we saw, we should be praising Wane and in many cases taking back the strong criticism he was given for signing an unknown in the first place.
I was under the impression that he was recommended to us by Madge, not that Wane found him.I will give Wane credit for selecting him when Hamlin has regular place in the 17 and a string of good displays not after 1 against an understrength HKR who are poor when at full strength
SJ

Post by SJ »

Dave and Ragman are correct in their assessment of SW'S comments. " a Baffoon is restrained from my view of him. The lad won't be here long when Wayne's tactics are forced on him.
CPW used to be his chief critic and I foolishly defended him ie SW Most of his criticisms were prophetic Yet SW is still with us. His defenders will point to the teams success whilst he's been at the helm but it is becoming more and more evident that that success has been acquired despite Wayne not because of him. Shame really We could be so much better with a coach with a brain. !
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

SJ wrote:Dave and Ragman are correct in their assessment of SW'S comments. " a Baffoon is restrained from my view of him. The lad won't be here long when Wayne's tactics are forced on him.
CPW used to be his chief critic and I foolishly defended him ie SW Most of his criticisms were profetic. Yet SW is still with us. His defenders will point to the teams success whilst he's been at the helm but it is becoming more and more evident that that success has been acquired despite Wayne not because of him. Shame really We could be so much better with a coach with a brain. !
Like most supporters, at one point or another I have thought Wane's time was up, but the statement you have made about the teams success being acquired despite Wane is ridiculous. He has been in charge since 2012 and had many different players in his various teams, he has been a big part of the trophies we have won in the last few years and it is unfair to say he hasn't been. I would have liked to have seen a new coach come in this year, but to be fair to Wane, we have only lost twice so far and are looking good. Long may it continue!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

old hooker wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:I think some are extrapolating into infinity something which simply does not merit it. Wane praises Hamlin in every interview he gave after the game, and we are leaping on a stream of consciousness comment about quick ptbs also being important.

Wane found him, Wane signed him, Wane has been getting him fit, and Wane deserves the credit for how well he did yesterday. If we liked what we saw, we should be praising Wane and in many cases taking back the strong criticism he was given for signing an unknown in the first place.
I was under the impression that he was recommended to us by Madge, not that Wane found him.I will give Wane credit for selecting him when Hamlin has regular place in the 17 and a string of good displays not after 1 against an understrength HKR who are poor when at full strength
i didn't realize we where in a habit of signing players just because someone no longer connected with the club said he was good.

so what if we received a pointer from Madge? Wane/Rads will have still looked at the player and decided yes we want him. i really disagree with the comments from Wane about how Hamlin played, but seriously some of these comments on Wane are stupid.

something goes wrong it's Wane
something goes right it's despite him

Wane has many limitation but credit where credit it due
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

old hooker wrote:

Maguire was the one who binned Hamlin when he was at Souths and told him that there was no place for him!! That was of course before Madge himself got the push.
pedro

Post by pedro »

No straw damn us wrote:
old hooker wrote:

Maguire was the one who binned Hamlin when he was at Souths and told him that there was no place for him!! That was of course before Madge himself got the push.
Richards also recommended him
ian b

Post by ian b »

he is a quality player and i reckon he was man of the match on Monday
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Hamlin may turn out to be an excellent signing and I certainly hope he does.But what is all the fuss about?He played very well against a dire side but that is about all.Wane or Radlinski decided to give him a chance on recommendations from people in the NRL so now its up to him, but lets not praise Hamlin for being a superstar yet or Wane for giving him a chance.