19-Man Squad: Vs Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Castleford

Post by Firestarter »

Caboosegg wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Ive not yet got on the powell bandwagon but come on..... hes clearly not the answer...... we would have won this game by 40 with a coach with a good brain and good team selection.....a wins a win but we have far more improvement imo
Are you a saints fan?
no im a honest fan....... praise when we win and slag off when we lose = happy clapper
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

southernpie wrote:Just got in, missed first half, Why is Hicks the ref?
I would amend that post to say 'why is Hicks a referee?'
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Firestarter wrote:I have too be honest and say we have had a lot ov decisions go our way and i also think joel has ruined me and meds praise by going back to his old self
+1
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Firestarter wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Ive not yet got on the powell bandwagon but come on..... hes clearly not the answer...... we would have won this game by 40 with a coach with a good brain and good team selection.....a wins a win but we have far more improvement imo
Are you a saints fan?
no im a honest fan....... praise when we win and slag off when we lose = happy clapper
I need to change my sig then as i like to be realistic.
Tonight was a good exciting game but you still take the opportunity to have a dig at powell/Wane. Cas did not play that poor tonight that we should be arrogant enough to presume we could walk them.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

We were streets better than a very off-colour Cas team. But we kept on making mistakes! If we had put together an 80 minute performance, the score would have been like Saints v Huddersfield.
Not disappointed as lots of players did well but why did we stop using the left flank after about 45 minutes? Budgie, Gildart & Farrell had them at their mercy.
Still don't understand why Escare is missing? Didn't Wane claim that this was the magic formula that would work? If Escare started, it would simply be a better team.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Caboosegg wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
Caboosegg wrote: Are you a saints fan?
I need to change my sig then as i like to be realistic.
Tonight was a good exciting game but you still take the opportunity to have a dig at powell/Wane. Cas did not play that poor tonight that we should be arrogant enough to presume we could walk them.
why, when was last time i had a dig at powell? I think hes a wholehearted player but not the best halfback
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Cb , do you actually think that we didnt get a lit ov 50/50 decisions tonte? Honestly?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ian.birchall wrote:
Firestarter wrote:I have too be honest and say we have had a lot ov decisions go our way and i also think joel has ruined me and meds praise by going back to his old self
+1
I was wondering if he was playing as I'd missed the teams being called at the start, then bang, he come up with a penalty, looks like he's reverting to type
moto748

Post by moto748 »

yokozuna wrote:I honestly thought we'd lose tonight.

But it's been a very impressive defensive display, and decent (if not overly exceptional) going forward.

We bullied them.

How Sam and Isa weren't in the MOTM shortlist I have no idea.
Yeah, this.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

moto748 wrote:
yokozuna wrote:I honestly thought we'd lose tonight.

But it's been a very impressive defensive display, and decent (if not overly exceptional) going forward.

We bullied them.

How Sam and Isa weren't in the MOTM shortlist I have no idea.
Yeah, this.
Is a was defensively at fault for one of their tries in the first half. Sam was my MoM.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards