George Williiams is never a marquee player!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: George Williiams is never a marquee player!!

Post by medlocke »

Was watching a couple of his compilation vids on youtube earlier, he was astounding in some of the clips, what has happened to him, is it the way he is being coached/asked to play
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

ian b wrote:
the pieman wrote:i dont know why half of the posters bother watching the game cos all they do is moan like F***

last week GW wanted a ball all to himself and he doesnt pass it. This week he doenst run enough. the lad cant win
he's not worth his money, never a marquee player, not good enough for Wigan, he's just generally c*** etc etc etc

for gods sake give it a rest

yes we are all entitled to our opinions but why not give some credit or try to be constructive to the lad instead of the constant negativity.

if its not SW, IL or KR, or any of the players that just clearly shouldnt be on a rugby pitch according to some on here - god i bet you have never made a mistake at work or are so perfect it is unbelievable

:lol:
Just wait til we lose a couple of games :(
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

morley pie eater wrote:
ian b wrote:
the pieman wrote:i dont know why half of the posters bother watching the game cos all they do is moan like F***

last week GW wanted a ball all to himself and he doesnt pass it. This week he doenst run enough. the lad cant win
he's not worth his money, never a marquee player, not good enough for Wigan, he's just generally c*** etc etc etc

yes we are all entitled to our opinions but why not give some credit or try to be constructive to the lad instead of the constant negativity.

if its not SW, IL or KR, or any of the players that just clearly shouldnt be on a rugby pitch according to some on here - god i bet you have never made a mistake at work or are so perfect it is unbelievable

:lol:
Just wait til we lose a couple of games :(
i am going to post the Samaritans number i think :) or phone them myself. i pop on here every now and then and feel depressed by the time i've done

you wouldnt think we beat a good side on Friday night
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

medlocke wrote:Was watching a couple of his compilation vids on youtube earlier, he was astounding in some of the clips, what has happened to him, is it the way he is being coached/asked to play
You've answered your own question there.
For me the most assists in Super League says it all!
Not impressed with his half back partner though.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Well there we are then. Might as well close the site down as everything is fantastic and nothing wrong with the club whatsoever. If you have an opinion about anything at all - keep it to yourself as it is utterly worthless, a bit like complaining about anything at all as "the pieman" thinks we should all he "happy" no matter what contrives throughout the rest of the season. I mean jesus we might as well issue trophies and titles now with all we have achieved :roll:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote:Was watching a couple of his compilation vids on youtube earlier, he was astounding in some of the clips, what has happened to him, is it the way he is being coached/asked to play
Seeing as SW has nurtured him since academy, coaching probably isn't the issue. Off field issues maybe?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Well there we are then. Might as well close the site down as everything is fantastic and nothing wrong with the club whatsoever. If you have an opinion about anything at all - keep it to yourself as it is utterly worthless, a bit like complaining about anything at all as "the pieman" thinks we should all he "happy" no matter what contrives throughout the rest of the season. I mean jesus we might as well issue trophies and titles now with all we have achieved :roll:
And that is a fair representation of what pieman posted?

Come on, you are being most unfair. No-one is suggesting anyone should be above criticism. But sometimes that criticism (often with the same 'point' being made by the same posters, over and over again) gets very tedious to read.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

jobo wrote:
Seeing as SW has nurtured him since academy, coaching probably isn't the issue. Off field issues maybe?
How about, opposing defences wising up?
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

If you pay your money, wether it be on the gate, on Sky TV or in the Warriors shop you are entitled to criticise so if you dont like it dont read it, and ill still say Williams is not good enough.

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Williams is the best British half back in SL, if not the best of any nationality in SL.
He poses a real threat to any opposition due to his pace together with his short and long passing game. He also has a very good short kicking game.
He has the most try assists and our left sided attack is outstanding.
Very largely due to the work GW, Faz, Oli and Joe do so exceptionally well.
I'm glad he's playing for us and not any other club in SL.
Rare half back talents don't come along too often these days and when you bring one through your youth system not to secure his best years would be a complete waste of the hard work so many have put in enabling him to get to this level.
Although he's got the "Marquee" label money isn't the issue for me. Talent like GW has to be retained.
I don't know how much he earns and don't want to know! We should all suspect by now that IL has worked out what he's worth to the club and acted accordingly.
I want GW to stay at Wigan and he is so I'm happy.