Next Wigan coach?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Next Wigan coach?

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
medlocke wrote: A player i was glad to see leave, wouldn't want him as coach, It's to got be Edwards with Deacon/Faz/Harris/Another or An NRL Coach/Ast coach with Lockers/Lulu/Another
I just cant see why Edwards/Farrell would take a huge pay cut to come back to rugby league. Lets face it if they have kept up to speed with RL then they will know the league is actually dying and unless the Hearns or someone with real vision comes in that decline will continue IMO. RU on the other hand is getting stronger.

Again i cant see what we have to offer a top Aussie coach in a league in which is now effectively a feeder for the NRL to a large extent. An asst may be plausible and probably the "best" we can do

Realistically i can only believe that we will see a current superleague coach, winder or an aussie asst.
Not everything is about money though Josie, Coaching Wigan to a Challenge Cup win and other silverware is Edwards destiny, he's probably been dreaming about it since childhood, at some point it is an itch he will have to scratch, no is as good a time as any, surely one of the ways to get the game off it's arse is to bring back legends in one capacity or the other, If we are to carry on going for current run of the mill SL coaches then what is the point, big names put arses on seats whether it be players or coaches, simple as that
Sorry, but why have I been drawn into these posts?? ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Bennett has a year to go on his Brisbane deal.
However, the Broncos management have already interviewed Craig Bellamy about taking over from Bennett.
With knowing his contract won't be renewed Bennett might be tempted to leave the Broncos early.
He knows England pretty well I'd imagine having been a player at Huddersfield and now being the coach of our national team.
Wayne Bennett as Wigan head coach, who'd have thought it?
It might not happen but it shows the club's management's ambition.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: I just cant see why Edwards/Farrell would take a huge pay cut to come back to rugby league. Lets face it if they have kept up to speed with RL then they will know the league is actually dying and unless the Hearns or someone with real vision comes in that decline will continue IMO. RU on the other hand is getting stronger.

Again i cant see what we have to offer a top Aussie coach in a league in which is now effectively a feeder for the NRL to a large extent. An asst may be plausible and probably the "best" we can do

Realistically i can only believe that we will see a current superleague coach, winder or an aussie asst.
Not everything is about money though Josie, Coaching Wigan to a Challenge Cup win and other silverware is Edwards destiny, he's probably been dreaming about it since childhood, at some point it is an itch he will have to scratch, no is as good a time as any, surely one of the ways to get the game off it's arse is to bring back legends in one capacity or the other, If we are to carry on going for current run of the mill SL coaches then what is the point, big names put arses on seats whether it be players or coaches, simple as that
I must have thought i was still replying to you on Facebook Josie :blush: :blush: :lol: :lol: :lol:
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I would love Bennett at Wigan,the England players love him and his experience would make us winners.Also his influence could persuade a couple of Broncos over here but i dont think it will happen sadly.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I thought a major consideration for Bennett was the care for one of his kids, who has medical issues, I think. It didn't stop him going to Sydney of course, but must be a factor. It would be vertainly be interesting to see what he could bring to the club, but judging by England's performances, I am guessing it'll be defend and no errors rugby.
Oh, and I read an article somewhere today that pointed out that the 3 coaching appointments IL has made have been McDermott (at London), Madge and Wane. Now, that is some track record.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote:
I must have thought i was still replying to you on Facebook Josie :blush: :blush: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote]

Keep up Meds ????????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Bennett has a year to go on his Brisbane deal.
However, the Broncos management have already interviewed Craig Bellamy about taking over from Bennett.
With knowing his contract won't be renewed Bennett might be tempted to leave the Broncos early.
He knows England pretty well I'd imagine having been a player at Huddersfield and now being the coach of our national team.
Wayne Bennett as Wigan head coach, who'd have thought it?
It might not happen but it shows the club's management's ambition.
Just seen this
Brisbane CEO Paul White said: "Wayne Bennett is our coach for 2019. I've been totally consistent with that and nothing has changed. I can state categorically Wayne will be our coach in 2019."
Looks like the Wigan link a non-starter.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Not everything is about money though Josie, Coaching Wigan to a Challenge Cup win and other silverware is Edwards destiny, he's probably been dreaming about it since childhood, at some point it is an itch he will have to scratch, no is as good a time as any, surely one of the ways to get the game off it's arse is to bring back legends in one capacity or the other, If we are to carry on going for current run of the mill SL coaches then what is the point, big names put arses on seats whether it be players or coaches, simple as that
I must have thought i was still replying to you on Facebook Josie :blush: :blush: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep up Meds ????????[/quote]Had 7 different things on the go, won't be doing that again :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote: Sorry, but why have I been drawn into these posts?? ????????
Keep up Meds ????????
Had 7 different things on the go, won't be doing that again :lol: [/quote]

Yes I know, you already gave a response to me on FB that was meant for someone else ????????