Wigan v Wire game thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
4 Generations

Re: Wigan v Wire game thread

Post by 4 Generations »

Great game this summer rugby,pitch looked amazing [atm].Didnt the Kids do well and how Batty didnt get mom is beyond me or pick another 6-7 Wigan players for it. Proper game of RL that was.Value for money and then some.
Congrats to Benny Westwood,on his 2,000,0000 TH GAME for Wire[seems like that many].Perhaps fitting he got mom and LOST.Forever the Villain .

Thought Josh Charnley had bit us though.Then a big finish from Woods stole his grin.Woods ,who i have watched for a while now is just getting better and better.
Should have kicked the Pen though to go 6 infront.The Hammer should have had a pen after Hills facial with his elbow and boot.Wire offside all second half it seemed.
Best side won,great result.
Bravo Wigan.

4G

ian b

Post by ian b »

all the team played well, yes there were mistakes but that makes them human. Tautai made some strong runs so to say he offers nothing is ridiculous. I like Charnley but i think he's turning in to a spoilt baby as he spends most of the game complaining
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

As they say a win a win but it should have been sewn up by halve time
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Ok my thoughts..

Why oh why didn’t Sam kick the penalty in the second half very silly

Woods,I’m a big fan of his Wigan aren’t missing Williams at all,

Young Paisley he looks the part give him a run maybe?

Bateman just gets better and better at centre

Hamlin..still unsure that’s he’s going to be nothing more than a journeyman player at this stage,but then I remember how young he is and I do like the way he plays the game with a smile on his face time will tell.

Good win.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Looks like the refs have been told to be more lenient with penalties and the game is better for it and flows more, or is it my imagination ???
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Surprised at Charnley he is acting childish need to grow up and he would get more respect as a good player, he was waving his arms around after every decision from the ref
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Hamlin was the best player on the field,awailliams not being missed at all.

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

ddtftf wrote:Surprised at Charnley he is acting childish need to grow up and he would get more respect as a good player, he was waving his arms around after every decision from the ref
Let's not slag him off too much. He would have resigned for Wigan if he had known Wane was leaving and we would have been lapping his arm waving up.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I thought hamlin was mom....... reminds me ov mick cassidy ( not just how he looks)..... he mixed it fairly with a smile on his face
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

Great game...lot of Neymars playing for Wite it looked like, Hill will get away murder, was Clarke just after a breather or trying to get someone binned for the supposed “crusher” tackle?

I’d like to see Flower’s stats for that match, he carried, tackled and won almost all of his contacts (except the drop ball), and Hamlin was awesome too!!