Matty Peet gives insight into Wigan Warriors Army camp as players learn valuable leadership skills

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Re: Matty Peet gives insight into Wigan Warriors Army camp as players learn valuable leadership skills

Post by the pieman »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:56 am It's amazing how at all clubs the fans say the LL is nothing when they want to put down the club but then it's suddenly something when they use it to show how well the team plays all year.

It is factually silverware so it has only been 1 season since we last had anything.

As usual if anything can be used to spin a negative to against the club certain fans will do it.

The joke about wires success is the GF record to even try and compare wigans recent GF record is comical.

Doesn't mean everything is roses but ffs acting like we are salford/wakefield/hull
this is why i dont like the current format. i know its what sky want and thats what they are getting. IMO, irrelevant of who wins the LL shield, there should be some real recognition, not the current apathy across the board from fans of all clubs, and teams not even celebrating winning it (that shows as much as anything how little it means).
In recent years Wigan, Wire, Hudds, Cas have virtually gone all out to come top of the pile but not gone on to win the GF. They dont get recognition for coming top of the pile and all the glory goes to the GF winner. Leeds in their successful period, if i am correct didnt finish top of the regular season once, but won several GF. Were they the best team in those years, NO, but did they win the Grand Final - YES, so are considered the best team. There is something just not right about that to me, and part of why i dont like the GF concept.

as i posted originally, there appears to be a real positivity around the club at the minute. Will that translate to a trophy (ies), who knows, but i want to see some real progress on the pitch and at worst be challenging to win the prizes. What we may be lacking is that real killer instinct / big game mentality to win the GF. yes we have players who have won GFs, but do we have a SOL, Sam Tomkins, a player who will own the big game and pull the team to victory.
Barney841

Re: Matty Peet gives insight into Wigan Warriors Army camp as players learn valuable leadership skills

Post by Barney841 »

It was better when winning the league was more rewarding, and so it should of been. It recognises that team been the most consistent and there would be none of this resting players towards the end of the season as they’ve cemented there place in the top 4 for the playoffs